PNW Roads Issue

Cdnbird

Hello,

Have boxed version of PNW installed with update patches to v1.8. Also have Vector v1.45 installed.

Have noticed some issues with roads. Grass is where roads should be and some areas look like the default FSX jumble of streets and textures.

This is very noticeable on Vancouver Island's Highway 17 that runs from the ferry terminal just north of Victoria International, south to Victoria city itself.

Have tried uninstalling / re-installing both PNW and Vector, including running the Vector Configuration Tool but no change.

Since PNW is installed from disc version, FTX Central 1 is still "active". If set to FSX Default or North America seems to make no difference.

Not sure if this is this an issue with the FTX Central 1 conflicting with FTX Central 3 or a problem with the boxed disc update patches.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards.

PNW Hwy 17 Grass Roads North of Victoria Airport.jpg

Dunno if it is related, but I think the global vector product is more up to date than the PNW product.

In the Seattle area the global vector set has both the old (currently being demolished) and the new SR520 floating bridges across Lake Washington. The PNW package is missing the new bridge.

But even with just the global bits in P3D the I90 bridge is really a mess and the 520 one is a bit wonky too..

Disable Vector when flying in a full fat FTX Region. It is totally unnecessary because the FTX Region contains ALL details/data required. It includes LC, roads, bridges, waterways, and more often than not Mesh. Vector is superfluous in FTX Regions and can cause issues.

It is of course a different scenario if you intend to fly from a Region into a default scenery location, then you would no doubt want Vector enabled and if you have it, OLC. 

Just try disabling Vector initially and see if PNW looks better. Also ensure that your scenery library insertion points are correct, with FTX above OLC and way above your  vector entries.

Hello,

Yes, i've tried disabling both Vector and OpenLC NA but still seem to get a mixed bag of textures which look good in some areas and less so in others. This is why i wasn't sure if the old version of FTX Central was somehow affecting things. Perhaps if i were to delete / eliminate the original FTX Central and just have the newer Central v3 calling the shots, it might iron things out.

My FSX Scenery Library insertion points are correct as you've described jjaycee1, although the OLC NA entries don't show on their own - presumably NA gets blended in with OLC Base entries.

Maybe there will be an update for those regions that have had improvements as Ian described for Vector. Still though, something like a main highway should be present in either PNW or Vector and it's not.

Hmmm, wonder if i were to use only the newer digital download version of PNW instead of the original boxed disc, thereby eliminating the installation of the original FTX Central completely.

Thank you for your replies,

Regards.

Vector has no effect on PNW except to spoil some airport elevations.

The "digital download" is just the same as the updated DVD product.

I would suggest that you update to FTX Central v3 which should remove

any other versions and you will greatly increase your chances of seeing

what was intended.

The next time you post a screen shot, please include the coordinates so

that a valid comparison can be made between what you see and what

should be seen.

Archived