EGHR Chichester / Goodwood Airport

Ace-9

Hi everyone.

I am planning on re creating Ray Hanna' Low Fly past at Goodwood in 1998  click the YouTube Link. 

He flew along the race track home straight 20ft off the ground in a Mk9 Spitfire, I have come across a problem that Ray did not. On the north end of the Race Track (grandstand area), there is an underpass on the Orbx airport that looks like it is the cause of my downfall, the roof is not solid and the ground drops away several feet. Please have a look at this short FSX video of the problem, a movie paints a million words! FSX-S ORBX EGHR Goodwood Flyby

Is there anything I can do to solve this please? My airport elevations have been set and all is up to date with Orbx etc.

Many thanks

Roger

Thanks Richard, a good idea, unfortunately it does not stop the problem. When flying even at 500ft the explosion effects are seen although the plane continues to make some engine noise, FSX stops giving a white screen.

I do a lot of low flying, Mach Loop etc. and Orbx is fantastic, I believe this is a scenery problem, hoping that it can be rectified.

Thanks again.

Well,

I played with the spit over the same place into P3D but I had no problem during the very low pass with crash detection on:

EGHR_SPIT0155b74.jpg

EGHR_SPIT020203a.jpg

EGHR_SPIT037de6c.jpg

EGHR_SPIT0491441.jpg

EGHR_SPIT05dde49.jpg

In fact, the culprit 3D the tunnel with the underground path. In FSX, I do duplicate the problem setting the engine on fire when crossing above it.

You have to remove it to succeed your low pass. There is a work around.

Navigate to your FSX root directory and point to \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGHR\Scenery. Do then the action below:

- Rename ORBX_EGHR_PLC_Airport_Tunnel_ObjectFlow.xml to ORBX_EGHR_PLC_Airport_Tunnel_ObjectFlow.OFF

- Rename EGHR_ADEX_NH_CVX to EGHR_ADEX_NH_CVX.OFF

- Paste the file EGHR_ADEX_NH_CVX_Mod.BGL I enclosed in my message

You should have now that :

EGHR_FSX_mod.jpg

Of course, you are missing the tunnel but you can revert back by renaming related BGL files to OFF (and OFF to BGL).

Maybe, it's time to say goodbye farewell to FSX for a better future with P3D :D . The 3D model into FSX doesn't have crashboxes but behaves weirdly indeed as if it has anyway.

Enjoy .

EGHR_ADEX_NH_CVX_Mod.BGL

Thanks again Richard,

I am sorry to be a pain, but the fence above the underpass is now sitting in the air, you can just make this out in your last screenshot.

Sorry I don't know how to edit the bgl files.

All the very best

Ro9

• 1 month later...

Thank you!

I thought I was the only crazy pilot who kept detonating at this very spot! I even planned to refly it with something that could fire back.
Now I know it's a "known" thing, though, I think I will leave it unfixed, just to see the reactions when friends use my FSX. ;)

Archived