orbx england scenery error

Laurence daniels

Hello, Sorry if i am posting this in the wrong place but iI would appreciate some advice...im very new to this.

I recently downloaded FSX steam edition which runs fine but the scenery is very basic so have bought  Orbx England. When i now start FSX i get two error messages.

SCENERY.CFG error invalid remote scenery path in scenery area.120 click ok to continue

SCENERY.CFG error invalid remote scenery path in scenery area.130 click ok to continue

FSX starts upo but without the new scenery.

The install was done using FTX central three so dont think i did anything.

If you have any thoughts I would be very grateful.

I have a suggestion for you. Find your scenery.cfg file. I am unsure where in FSX it is located it may be your FSX directory. Hope fully someone can advise you of it's location or Google "where is scenery cfg located in FSX".

Anyway when you locate it open it with Notepad and at the top of Notepad you will find the "EDIT" option. Open Edit and click on FIND.

Enter "120" ( without the quote marks).

It should find it. It should then show you

Title=

Local=

Layer=

Active=

Required=

It will also probably show a line called Remote=. Just delete that line and Save.

Same deal for area 130.

This has happened to me for some reason several times and doing what I mentioned above has eliminated the notification and resulted in the scenery displaying correctly.

Your scenery cfg is in (win10 at least) C:\Users\[your user]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Make a copy just to be safe, but don't worry. If you mess up completely, take the scenery.cfg out of that folder and restart fsx. It will build a new default one. You would have to add your sceneries back in via the scenery library, but at least you are up and running that way.

Maybe post copies of the two offending entries here if not sure what to do. The remote section is telling your FSX to look somewhere off your main PC, and it can't find it.

Hi Sorry still no joy.

Found the config file but line 120 or 103 not found...

it seems i get other messages each time i start fsx...today error was 220. I have attached two files first is image of scenery file in fsx and second is start of config file.

Am i in the right place or just a plonker. incidentally the config filesays FSX not FSX SE steam is where i downloaded it from...is this relevant.

Thanks again 

20170120_220119.jpg

20170120_215810.jpg

Hello Laurence.

Your first image is of the fsx.cfg file which is quite a different thing and cannot be the cause of this error message.

You second is of the in-game scenery library which is controlled by the scenery.cfg file.

If you have installed only FTX EU England and the Orbx libraries, that is exactly what you should be seeing.

This does not explain why you are seeing the error messages

Unfortunately you have so far been directed to the two scenery.cfg files that are used by FSX only as back ups.

To find the correct scenery.cfg file, you need to be looking at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

Try Jon's suggestion first. ( jjaycee1)

If that doesn't work:

As FTX Central has written scenery.cfg entries but the error message states that there are no files there, you need

to establish which files are needed to fill the empty spaces.

They may not even be FTX files, you do not seem to have enough installed to fill a range of 10 scenery library entries.

It can help to do this by finding the correct entry in the scenery.cfg file and seeing to where it points.

Then go to that location in Windows File Explorer and see what is there.

If you cannot find the file, first try a search to see where they may have been put instead.

If you cannot do any of this, at least find your scenery.cfg file and add a copy of it, as an attachment to your next post.

Thanks.

hi im really sorry for buzzing in on some one topic buti need help ive had no reply on Orbx fourm and it doing my head in the ftx central will open installer but it wont do enything just open and stays like that like then main start up page  FSS0529617 here is my order number thanks please help 

Archived