A LOT of Textures wont load after FTX Central 3 install..

tomvaillencourt

Ok, So I have a new system.. and after a few days of getting everything re-installed I had everything up and running and it seemed pretty stable. Amazing resolutions on high settings and excellent frame rates. No major hiccups. Even with a lot of stuff maxed out, I was getting really good performance.

(View my amazing screenshots here[https://1drv.ms/f/s!An3tzeJKHTp6sBClBiUwD3RW82p6] - but please allow them time to fully load, they load slow for some reason.)

I had one airport elevation issue I've posted in a different topic, but last night everything went south after a new scenery package install. since everything was going well I decided to use FTX Central 3 to install Northern and Southern California.. After that, I have not had a flight load right since. Scenery textures (runways, trees etc) wont fully load, and I'm getting the same on my aircraft. resetting scenery library cache sometimes helps, but the sim freezes up or crashes soon after. Any aircraft that does not fully load will not be any different after using a "reset aircraft" key command, and I have to load a completely different aircraft and then try it again. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. When it does, again a few seconds later.. sim freezes or crashes. here are some screens of what I get when I first start up the sim. [https://1drv.ms/f/s!An3tzeJKHTp6sSitBRdztpGyij4n] In case you want to ask, yes I restart the PC after each install, and even after each failure of the sim.

After the issue persisted, I used FTX Central 3 to uninstall the two California packages, but the issue is still present.

My new machine is as follows: Alienware windows 10, running sixth gen core i7's at 3.7ghz. 16GB ram, and an Nvidia GTX 1080 GPU. I installed in this order: FSX, SP1, Acceleration, FSUIPC4, FS Water Configurator, REX4, REX Soft Clouds, ORBX Global Base, Global Vector, Global Freeware airports, and ORBX Libs... I then transferred all of my purchases from FSS to ORBX and installed FTX Central 3. I used FTX Central 3 to download and install FTX PNW and my PNW Airports. I did not install ANY of my AU regions or airports yet..

MY scenery library is layered as follows:

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS 

FTX_AA_1S2

FTX_AA_1WA6

FTX_AA_2W3

FTX_AA_2WA1

FTX_AA_3W5

FTX_AA_65S

FTX_AA_74S

FTX_AA_7S3

FTX_AA_CZST

FTX_AA_KBID

FTX_AA_KBVS

FTX_AA_KCGX

FTX_AA_KCMW

FTX_AA_KORS

FTX_AA_MONUMENTVALLEY

FTX_AA_OG39

FTX_AA_S43

FTX_AA_W52

FTX_AA_WA79

FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY

FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX

FTX_NA_PNW07_MESH

FTX_NA__PNW08_CUSTOM

FTX_ZZ_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1

NAMERICA1

BeaverX-Peir39

The Bush Hawk XP

Falcon X

Addon Scenery

Propeller Objects

Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries

F-14A CV_63

Edwards_AFB

Las Vegas

Berlin

Longleat

Istyanbul

Rio De Janiero

Reno

St.Maarten

Oshkosh Aerial Photo

South America

Oceania

Western North America

Eastern North America

Central North America

Western Europe

Eastern Europe

Australia

Asia

Africa

ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ

ORBX!VECTOR_FixedAPT

ORBX!VECTOR_APT

ORBX!VECTOR_CVX

ORBX!VECTOR_EXX

1107 Base

Etc..Base layers...

Etc..Base layers...

Etc..Base layers...

Etc..Base layers...

Etc..Base layers...

0000 Base

ORBX!VECTOR_AEC

Default Scenery

Default terrain

So... Any thoughts?   LOL!

24 minutes ago, tomvaillencourt said:

(View my amazing screenshots here[https://1drv.ms/f/s!An3tzeJKHTp6sBClBiUwD3RW82p6] - but please allow them time to fully load, they load slow for some reason.)

Just on this issue: you're uploading the complete, full size, version of the image <?>. It's nearly *5Mb* in size. If you just want people to view the shots (and not download the full HD image) you might want to resize and re-save them. A fairly decent size for forum viewing is 1350px wide - which would bring your filesize down to around 250k (ie. 1/32 of your original!). There are FAQs and tutorials on screenshot posting here if you do a quick search ;).

They do look like pretty stunning shots, so I'm sure many people here would like to see them!

Adam.

3 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Just on this issue: you're uploading the complete, full size, version of the image <?>. It's nearly *5Mb* in size. If you just want people to view the shots (and not download the full HD image) you might want to resize and re-save them. A fairly decent size for forum viewing is 1350px wide - which would bring your filesize down to around 250k (ie. 1/32 of your original!). There are FAQs and tutorials on screenshot posting here if you do a quick search ;).

They do look like pretty stunning shots, so I'm sure many people here would like to see them!

Adam.

LOL! sorry... I'm using Irfanview to batch convert them from the FSX BMP files to jpg. They are already being reduced from nearly 32mb per pic to just about 4mb. i did this mostly because I can only post 4mb total here.. I will try to resize them as well. thanks for the input! Here is a link to the resized images, (I cannot edit my original post) They have lost alot of resolution though.. :(    https://1drv.ms/f/s!An3tzeJKHTp6sS2VbcCRVKN9ikOK

So.. anyway.. yeah, I hope I'm not being too hasty, but the issue seems to have resolved itself with a restore to a previous point, (yesterday) then "Undo"-ing the restore. Why this worked is a mystery to me, all I know is I have been able to load and play as before with no crashes or texture troubles as yet... 40-60 FPS too... So far so good, but I may have just jynxed myself... Fingers crossed... Going to reload LIBS anyway.. it can't hurt.

2017-1-18_11-0-9-11.jpg

Archived