a short flight in the Piper Cub

Rimshot

Thanks Folks! :)

You can probably crank up autogen a bit more, when you set tress and buildings both to 800. I have it at 700 trees and 800 buildings at extremely dense - and it looks and runs just great.

Hey Heiko, thanks, but I've tested this tweak extensively and always came back to leaving it out. Even with only 800 trees and buildings per cell, with the slider at dense and over, I get as much autogen as with a tweakless FSX.cfg ::)

See the two shots below; the first is extremely dense autogen with an unedited FSX.cfg. The sencond has extremely dense autogen with 800 trees and buildings per cell. Not much difference, apart from a few spots on the horizon... Therefore the performance is not much different either. If I want better frames I have to work with the slider. Setting it at normal with a default FSX.cfg is my sweetspot for detailed areas like Aeropelican. Oh, and those Cub textures are frame hungry too!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey Heiko, thanks, but I've tested this tweak extensively and always came back to leaving it out. Even with only 800 trees and buildings per cell, with the slider at dense and over, I get as much autogen as with a tweakless FSX.cfg ::)

Funny you should say that. I done quite a bit of experimenting with the various tweaks and found the ones for Autogen seemed to do nothing to either reduce the number of trees or more importantly to improve my frame rate performance. I also found the bufferpools tweak caused more stutters, although I did not experiment with different settings as I found I was getting sound issues when using it anyway. I have started to use the Affinitymask setting to 14 for my Quad core, but again to be honest I can't see any improvements. I have managed to make some very subtle improvements by tweaking the over-clock on my PC, but have been having problems with stability so have pretty much return to where it used to be.

Anyway enough of me - great piccies!  8)

@Blitzer; I guess the best tweak of all is get a monster PC ;D

I have to agree. A bit miffed really as I only built a new machine about 11-12 months ago and now I seem to be reaching the limit as to what I can or cannot do with regards to frame rates and quality of the experience. I'm not one to upgrade after such a short period so ATM I'll have to make do with toning certain features down here and there to keep things smooth. I dare say it's not helping that I still have not defragged my HD but this is due to having a bad sector on the disk, I may just replace the HD soon and be done with it at this this will give the chance to re-install everything on a clean slate as it were.

Archived