YMML V3 black textures

crikeemikee

Hello ppl I had YMML for some time and had the blurry textures despite thorough research and attempt to fix so I uninstalled it and enjoyed freeware.

Now with bated breath I installed V3 and find that the airport is now a black polygon. I've tried every setting and FSX-SE scenery layer but black it remains.

Can anyone help me with the fix or do I uninstall it again.

Regards

Mike

Thanks Nick I've worked solid on all possible solutions from any source I can find since your post and what I can glean is in DX9, black is the default background colour when textures are missing or not loaded and in DX10 it is blue. I have tried both and Steve's Fix. So I have airport textures missing or not loading.

Regards

Mike

Well another few hours spent on every conceivable fix and tried out all posted ideas thus far but my V3 airport remains just a black shape. I think my blurries are a bit more tolerable in V2 so might just stay there. Does my upload picture give any one a clue?

Regards

Mike

YMML Black.png

crikeemikee,

To confirm your settings, can you post a picture of your FSX "Graphics" tab   from Customise > Settings-Display > "Graphics" tab.

The black phenomenon does not occur if using DX9 default mode, nor apparently does it occur if using Preview DX10 mode ( but you would see many black boxes in-place of Vector Road Lights as a result). But the large black area does occur if using the Freeware DX10 fixer (which fixes the lights but breaks YMMLv3 airfield poly).

The options you have are:  As confirmed by Nick Cooper - and Member (Seagull)  through testing.

Continue using the Freeware DX10 fixer (retaining the large black area for YMMLv3) but (fixing the VectorRoadLights and other DX10 stuff) not ideal.  

or

Install Steve Parsons Payware DX10 fixer V3, ( which fixes the YMMLv3 black poly & the VectorRoadLights & many other DX10 anomalies) ideal for continued DX10 use.

Steve Parsons Payware DX10 fixer v3 from here: https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/how-to-purchase/ 

or

Simply run your sim under DX9 default mode (uninstall the freeware DX10 fixer) then uncheck the "Preview DX10" checkbox in Customise > Settings-Display > "Graphics" tab, restart your Sim, check YMMLv3 the black area should be gone.

Thanks Jeff I certainly have tried all the above several times over the last 2 days.

I can try  your ... Simply run your sim under DX9 default mode (uninstall the freeware DX10 fixer) then uncheck the "Preview DX10" checkbox in Customise > Settings-Display > "Graphics" tab, restart your Sim, check YMMLv3 the black area should be gone.

I remain in DX9 but tried the DX10 with Steve's fix but it simply changed the black to blue. I have done a complete uninstall delete etc. etc. reinstall.

So just to ask a simple question... is V3 a free upgrade for licensed V2 users. It's just that  FS Central 3 has an V3 Update icon but it says I  am not licensed. I have migrated my FS Store V2 license but it is not recognized for V3?

It's just that with some other sceneries there are certain features not activated until you buy a new license.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

I use FSX boxed version - DX9 Default mode exclusively (have used it under DX9 for many years) all FS products were & are developed with maximum compatibility with DX9 / FSX 32bit Sim.  I have hardware and a setup that runs quite well both in terms of display quality & smooth FPS, OOMS still occur occasionally but this is just a limitation of 32bit a Sim using highly detailed scenery and settings.

The "blue" area you are experiencing in place of the "black" is interesting (Have you got a picture of this please). DX10 usually shows an image of the FSX splashscreen in place of missing textures) whereas DX9 shows a "Black" area for missing textures, (this is not to be confused with the DX10 black airfield anomaly noticed when using Freeware DX10 fixer). A "Dark blue" area may indicate PC resource exhaustion, but these usually disappear when you pause the Sim or fly/slew to an area of less detail. 

As for the YMMLv3, it is not a free upgrade, it was offered to lessors of YMMLv2  at a discounted price $9.99 for one month. (It is now full price under the new pricing policy).

The notice you are seeing in FTXCv3 in regards to YMMLv3 (not licensed) I would defer answering this to Orbx Staff, as there have been a few posts regarding v2 -v3 Download Purchase and licencing.

EDIT: I see in your above post, you have resolved your ( Black / ?Blue)   YMMLv3 - by purchasing YMMLv3 Steam version for FSX:SE through steam Direct.

(Good to read your problem is solved)

Yes sir thank you.

I have run the game through the versions for years and I swapped to SE when my boxed discs wore thin haha. Have a hi spec PC and OOM issues are far behind me.

It was interesting that the V3 download was obtainable and I installed it assuming it was a free upgrade.

Anyway Jeff, I am wiser for the  experience and I read a post somewhere that black is the DX9 default background colour when textures are missing or not loaded and in DX10 it is blue and hey presto that is exactly what happened ... same shape polygon in a lovely light blue.

It just seems the textures were either not present or locked until a purchased copy is used.

However I like the direction ORBX is going ... big RAVE!!

Regards 

Mike

Cheers Mike, all the very best to you.

Now Go and explore YMMLv3 with confidence, install BOB from the Freeware page (OrbxDirect) if you don't already have him (Selectable as an aircraft). Walk around the scenery, don't forget to Ctrl+E (start his engine) or fail to release his Parking Brake, LOL. 

Archived