kerrycorcoran

Recently I had to rebuild my system, new Operating System, fresh installation of all drivers, etc.

I stumbled across an article by Nick Cooper, "How to re-install FTX products with least downloading", in hopes of not having to re-download all the Orbx content.  The good news is it appeared fairly straight forward and was.  

Something to note, in Nick's document, step 5 indicates you'll have to re-download Global - this was not the case for me.  I simply followed the first 3 steps and when I launched FTC (step 4) all content was listed and properly functioning.  

Hoping this helps others who may have to rebuild, etc.

I suggested a while back that reinstalling Global base was not necessary if you copied the whole of your Scenery\world folder not just the scenery file within but the texture file as well . It is the Texture file that holds the Global data. You also need to ensure that you make and replace your folders (those mentioned in Nick's post about copying various folders to be able to reinstall etc) regularly since in my case anyway, additional sceneries have been installed since copy number one was done. Also a good point is that if you have the facilities of an additional HDD or SSD then put as many of your addons onto that drive that you can. This means that a reinstall is not required but only a path setup to reintroduce them to the scenery library if you have not backed up your scenery cfg.

Glad all went well for you. Happy days.

Archived