different seasonal setting of Germany North and EDBH

Rongor

Hey there,

I am using the EU Germany North and recently flew in the vicinity of EDBH of the FTX Global Range Freeware selection.

There I had to notice that EDBH was covered with snow, while the surrounding scenery of EUGN was clear of any snow. While looking odd, this is not a big deal. Just wanted to inform you guys, that there might be some synchronizing necessary between both sceneries.

The flight took place 2 weeks ago, and the area (of the surrounding GN) not yet showing snow seemed accurate.

Thank you!

P3D EDBH.jpg

Only to be sure we talk the same thing: I am using Prepa3d 3.4 and I am always using system time and date when flying. So the season was definitely winter.

There is no manual season switching in Germany North. Instead it has the Orbx seasons enabled. EDBH doesn't have a setting like that, so it is probably displaying snow like any regular Prepar3d scenery in that area. The deviation between the two is therefore likely due to EDBH's regular season effects being incompatible to the GermanyNorth included Orbx seasons. Since both are Orbx products, this is an issue which only Orbx can solve.

Hi Rongor,

you're correct that the seasonal progression of the current photoreal ground image for EDBH is based on the default seasons control file, meaning it's set to "hard winter" (=snow-covered) during the month of December while the GEN seasons control file calls for "mild winter" landclass textures. Other winter months, in particular January and February, match correctly.

The current work-around is to either avoid December dates for your flying in the area or load a weather situation that includes active snowfall, which would force the surrounding landclass textures to switch to hard-winter as well.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger,

Since it is somewhat related, would you generally recommend to stick to the GEN airfields then? Thankfully GEN delivers so much airfields in such good quality -  should I expect the airfields included in an FTX region (GEN in this case) to be of higher or equal "fidelity" as the Global range freeware airports?

Same for the EU and NA airport packs, how do these airports compare to their counterparts in the FTX regions? Which one should be the higher inside my scenery library? Why are airfields which are already included in the free airport packs or available as global range freeware done again for FTX regions? Or are the scenery files for these airports reused for all installations?

Archived