Can't receive San Diego (KSAN) ILS RWY 9

FTXflyer

Attempting to land the default Cessna on RWY 9,  After checking that my avionics were on and on the approach,  I was unable to receive the localizer or glideslope at 111.55.  I checked other airports with an ILS approach with no issues.  Not sure if related to recent install of Southern California.  I had no issues with the installation.  Could someone please check this for me? Am I reading the approach chart wrong? Any suggestions that I could try to check this myself?  I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks!

FTXflyer

Hey FTXflyer,

If you're not using a payware version of KSAN, it's a known (bug, problem, etc.) that the default RWY 9 ILS frequency in FSX is different from the charts. I'm not sure if it was corrected when P3D was assembled. Also, any 3rd party version of KSAN that uses the default ILS would suffer the same problem. The solutions would be buying a 3rd party KSAN with proper AFCAD, getting a freeware update of the AFCAD with the updated ILS, or update the .BGL yourself, to correct the improper frequency.

Hope this helps,

Captain Z

Captain Z:

I was not aware of the RWY 9 bug, so I now have 3rd party scenery that fixes the bug which I placed in my addon scenery\ scenery folder.  Unfortunately still not seeing ILS.  I think it may be due to scenery priority.  Between Orbx scenery and specific addon  scenery priority I am a little confused.  Could you suggest where my addon scenery folder should always be placed in relation to Orbx payware scenery? Right now addon is located just above Ultimate Terrain.  Above UT I have all my other 3rd party and payware sceneries and then at the very top priority Orbx.  Thanks for your help and any suggestions!

FTXflyer

9 hours ago, FTXflyer said:

Captain Z:

I was not aware of the RWY 9 bug, so I now have 3rd party scenery that fixes the bug which I placed in my addon scenery\ scenery folder.  Unfortunately still not seeing ILS.  I think it may be due to scenery priority.  Between Orbx scenery and specific addon  scenery priority I am a little confused.  Could you suggest where my addon scenery folder should always be placed in relation to Orbx payware scenery? Right now addon is located just above Ultimate Terrain.  Above UT I have all my other 3rd party and payware sceneries and then at the very top priority Orbx.  Thanks for your help and any suggestions!

FTXflyer

I place all my non-orbx airport scenery at the top of the list, so it sits on top of Global, Vector, LC. I would try moving it to the top and see if that helps.

Captain Z

Archived