PNW scenery problem

wethersfield

I can't replicate exactly what your shot shows.

If I disable the elevation adjustment file, the runways and taxiways are raised, not sunken like yours.

I suppose it is out of the question that you could have another version or its elevation adjustment file

active somewhere?

Well I'll give it the "ole" college and attempt to check it. What I found interesting was that when I used a Piper instead of C-130 the entire runway appears, however, the elevation is then on either side of the runway, like a valley. Interesting that a different aircraft changes the view somewhat.

Hi there,

this type of issue typically happens if another add-on for that airport uses a different reference altitude but has higher display priority than our version. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *2WA1*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

thanks for posting the file list. I can't see the full folder paths but assume that the first three files are in "\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery" and the elevation adjustment files in "\Scenery\World\scenery" and "\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF", respectively? (the latter is an inactive duplicate).

If so the file dates and locations are correct and there shouldn't be any display problems at the airport.

What I've noticed in your list is the absence of a Global Vector file named "ABP_2WA1.bgl", located in "\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery". While it wouldn't interfere with PNW's 2WA1 -- provided the Vector entries are at lower display priority -- it should have come up when searching for "*2WA1*.bgl" so I'm wondering whether perhaps other files were missed in your search as well...

Cheers, Holger

I was wrong when I incorrectly answered the earlier post, I do not have Global Vector. So based on your response everything else appears correct? I'm that tech smart in delving into the underbelly of files. I'm just amazed that one airport is somehow impacted with the elevation issue and all the others in the PNW file are not, so at the very least I should consider myself lucky, I think? I will avoid using 2WA1.

Archived