Question about Orbx Libraries

SeaToSky

I've been having trouble finding more details about what's part of the Orbx library package available over FTX Central.

Are the libraries updated based on the regions purchased/downloaded, and is there continual updates to the library package? If so, is there a publicly available update log?

Previously the ORBX Libraries used to be installed/reinstalled after adding new ORBX Scenery to insure that any new objects in new scenery would show properly.  Now that FTX Central v3 is avaiable it will automatically download and install new ORBX Libraries if and when they are needed.  You do not have to do anything special concerning the libraries as it is automatically done via Central v3.

The libraries are a catch all, and do not change based on what you have installed.

What they contain is:

-Assets used at regions and airports, this is the main purpose of the libraries

-Custom autogen models and textures

-The ObjectFlow module 

-Other supporting applications, most of these have been gradually removed from libraries and over to FTX Central.

We don't have a running change log, but each release notice for the libraries typically includes a small changeling describing what is in the update.

Way nice not having to screw around with re-installing libraries every time you install something new. Made my first purchase through FTX Central 3 last night. It was a snap. And it installed it, too. I'm liking it a lot.

jsapair

Archived