FTXAA_Airports keeps removing itself from scenery library

Bassman

Every time I load my simulator, I have to manually add the FTXAA_Airports folder to my scenery library. Before loading FSX I usually check the installation orders in Central and as said every time the airports folder is missing. The folder is located in my Orbx folder (where it should be??)

Should I move it to my Addon Scenery folder? and if so, will this prevent any other free FTX airports from installing to that folder?

Tried searching for any existing posts re this but could not find. If it is there I apologise.

Cheers Dan

My YLIL and YCEM.  That is where I thought they had to go? By your reply I take it that they go into Addon Scenery as individual airfields?or I just move the FTXAA folder into my Addon Scenery and activate.

If there are no files in yours why do you still have it as a folder?

Cheers

Hi Nick & Dan,

In my Installation YLIL Lillydale  & YCEM Coldstream Airfields are FTX freeware Aussie airfields v2.0, they reside in \ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_AIRPORTS\Scenery \Texture  

it should be activated in the scenery library by FTXCentral and the installer. YLIL in my setup does not have its own FTXAA_YLIL  folder.  YCEM Coldstream was absent in YLILv1.5 but included in YLILv2.0  (YCEM was originally an Orbx public beta airfield).

@Bassman  I have no idea why your FTXAA_AIRPORTS folder keeps disappearing from the scenery library and needs reactivating each session.

@Nick Cooper Perhaps FTXCv3/OD  migration is placing the AU freeware airports in another folder, or your Aussie FTXAA_AIRPORTS ( YRED, YLIL, YCEM, YBLN, YCUN, YPLC, YMLT ) are missing.

Hi Guys, no I have not migrated yet and yes Jeff, that is where my YLIL and YCEM are located. It's just that the folder keeps disappearing from the scenery library. I did a re-install some time ago and have not got around to installing those other Australian fields yet. I will create my own folder outside of Orbx and then add to my Addon scenery folder. Anyway, both your suggestions are appreciated. Have a merry Xmas and happy New Year.

On 12/18/2016 at 1:34 AM, Jeff Gilmour said:

YLIL in my setup does not have its own FTXAA_YLIL  folder. 

I just checked mine.  I have an enormous amount of YCEM andYLIL files situated within FTXAA airports_scenery, however I also have a separate folder YLIL activated, with YLIL and YCEM files inside.  Now I have no idea what's right or wrong.  Will have to visit these airports today.

***addendum***

Disabled the stand-alone YLIL-YCEM folder and rechecked these fantastic twin airports.  No issue.

Archived