NA Pacific Northwest and 3rd party airport scenery + Loading

Dane

I have always had many wonderful 3rd party airport scenery addons.

I just purchased ORBX NA Pacific Northwest.

I have noticed two things and because I am new at this I would appreciate some feedback>

1. I have noticed that my 3rd party airport scenery no longer shows. The default ORBX Global Airports show up instead.

Do I need to do something different as I really would like to get my 3rd party airports back?

2. I have also noticed a long time to load FSX especially at the Terrain Loading section it hangs at 6% for about 1.5 minutes.

Is this normal for the extra loading time with Pacific Northwest?

I know that with ORBX Libraries activated in the FSX Scenery Library the load is extremely long at the 6% mark as well, usually 2.5 minutes. For this reason I have unchecked it from the FSX Scenery Library.

My system is a brand new MSI GP62 6QF, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M , 1TB HDD @7200 RPM

Stewart is correct Dane. It sounds like your scenery library layering is incorrect. ALL your 3rd party, non FTX airports should be above FTX addons. You must re-enable the ORBX libraries as Stewart advises.

Regarding loading times I too experience longer loading times when choosing a flight to start in the PNW area as i have many FTX addon airports as well in that area. One trick is to load a flight in another less demanding area and then when on the runway go to the header and choose Got to Airport and choose one in PNW. It is a bit quicker.

You may wish to attach a pic of what your scenery library looks like and we can further help if required.

23 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Where are your 3rd party airports located in your scenery library relative to FTX PNW, above or below?  Also, unchecking the Orbx Libs will result in no objects, people, etc. showing at your airports or other locations.

Thanks Stewart, they are all below. All of my FTX files are at the top, I was not sure where they should be placed so I just left them there after I reinstalled all of my FTX files.

19 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Stewart is correct Dane. It sounds like your scenery library layering is incorrect. ALL your 3rd party, non FTX airports should be above FTX addons. You must re-enable the ORBX libraries as Stewart advises.

Regarding loading times I too experience longer loading times when choosing a flight to start in the PNW area as i have many FTX addon airports as well in that area. One trick is to load a flight in another less demanding area and then when on the runway go to the header and choose Got to Airport and choose one in PNW. It is a bit quicker.

You may wish to attach a pic of what your scenery library looks like and we can further help if required.

OK thanks for all this help.

I am attaching two screenshots of my scenery library as it was, I will now put my 3rd part airport scenery at the top.

Does it matter how the rest of the FTX get situated in the library - what I mean is, in what order after the 3rd party files?

Scenery 1.PNG

Scenery 2.PNG

Hello, Dane.  Keep your FTX entries in exactly the order as you have them now.  The Orbx installers install them in alphabetic order, so there's no need to change the order of the entries.  The only odd-ball I see is that "Orbx Meigs Field".  That one should not be named that way, but by the Orbx designation FTX_AA_KCMX.  Also, is your KFHR Friday Harbor an Orbx product?  It should also reflect the proper Orbx designation, and be placed with the rest of the Orbx entries in alphabetical order.

Hello, Dane.  Keep your FTX entries in exactly the order as you have them now.  The Orbx installers install them in alphabetic order, so there's no need to change the order of the entries.  The only odd-ball I see is that "Orbx Meigs Field".  That one should not be named that way, but by the Orbx designation FTX_AA_KCMX.  Also, is your KFHR Friday Harbor an Orbx product?  It should also reflect the proper Orbx designation, and be placed with the rest of the Orbx entries in alphabetical order.

Thank you Stewart. I will do as suggested. My only question is ... Should the 3rd party airport scenery come after or before FTX?

Hi, Dane,  All 3rd party airports, etc. should go above the FTX block.  You can insure that this happens by using the insertion tool in FTX Central.  Click on the cog wheel in the lower left of the main Central page and it will take you to the insertion dialogue.

Hi, Dane,  All 3rd party airports, etc. should go above the FTX block.  You can insure that this happens by using the insertion tool in FTX Central.  Click on the cog wheel in the lower left of the main Central page and it will take you to the insertion dialogue.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I won't trouble you guys with this issue anymore.

I will put all this into effect.

Best regards, Dane.

Archived