Melbourne Landing...Spirit Of Australia.

FSRobert

Guest Private-Cowboy

Noice. Is that an FSX-paint you use there for the Level-D? I'm looking for a good QFA for ages now but FSX-repaints are rare.

Noice. Is that an FSX-paint you use there for the Level-D? I'm looking for a good QFA for ages now but FSX-repaints are rare.

Yes sir Private-Cowboy, got the paint over at the FSX paint section in the Leveld forum.

Guest Private-Cowboy

Hm, I only found that John Tavendale did a native FSX paint for the Level-D of Qantas. That one is not hosted on AVSim though and the site where it should be according to the repaint list is down. Any other source??? Thanks...

Guest Private-Cowboy

Thank you for your help. I've to tell you however that the repaints on that site are not FSX but FS9-repaints. They do neither features bump maps nor spec maps and do not use the better dds texture format. I'm in the process of working some repaints into the new FSX-scheme so they take advantage of all the features.

Guest Private-Cowboy

I'm in the process of working out a solution that would allow us to convert any FS9-Repaint into a native proper FSX-repaint. I already figured out how to get Bump Mapping into a paint and converted them into DXT5 DDS textures. The only thing I'm still missing it how I can create the spec textures from a paint. Otherwise have a look at ...

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1584.0

... I worked that repaint. It was a FS9-one but already feautures bump maps (as you can see at the cargo doors and the engine) and DXT5 DDS textures. It's not very complicated but enhances any paint from the FS9 era greatly.

Archived