FTX England Corrupt

Mishka

I have a problem with what appears to be corrupt FTX UK. When setting myself up at some airports (not all) the airport is surrounded by shear cliffs!! Clearly something has become corrupt.  If I turn off the FTX_EU_ENG entries in the scenery library these "cliffs" go away.  Tried reinstalling FTX UK but this has not resolved the problem. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this as I really don't want to have to do a complete reinstall of FSX Steam and all of my addons.  Attached pics show the problem at Biggin Hill (very flat airport!) with and without the scenery files activated within the scenery library.

Help!

Thanks

Biggin 2.jpg

Biggin.jpg

Sorry if I have logged this bug in the wrong place but there is no option to log a bug for Orbx UK.  I have been having lots of problems where some UK airports seem to have shear cliff faces around them - notably Biggin Hill and Manchester and others, not all airports are affected, this makes the sim unusable as on take off or approach you are presented with huge mountains!!

I tried lots of things to resolve this and eventually gave up and completely uninstalled and removed all traces of my Orbx products, Base, Vectors, Euro LC and Orbx UK.

I then decided to reinstall them one by one - I then checked after each install that the "cliffs" did not appear - all was well until I installed Orbx UK and the update 1.51 then the cliffs reappeared! Clearly there is a bug somewhere in Orbx UK or more likely the update.  Unfortunately I did not check FSX after installing UK and before installing the update but as UK had been working fine I have to assume the update is no good.  I am running FSX Steam on a new PC and it has been working fine for the last year so I would like to see this resolved.  If the developers are seeing this then please check it and resolve it otherwise I would like a refund as it is making my sim unusable.

If I uncheck the UK entries under the scenery library then the cliffs disappear giving another clue as to a buggy Orbx UK package or the update.

The attached pics show Biggin Hill with the "cliffs" and without after unchecking the UK entries in scenery library.

Dave

Biggin 2.jpg

Biggin.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forums.

You seem to have overlooked the reply and posted a fresh topic on the same subject.

I have merged the two and put the resulting single topic into the correct support forum.

Perhaps you might try the solution kindly posted by Keep Calm.

Welcome to the forum(s). The latest version of the England Region is 1.52. I'd recommend installing the latest version and see if that fixes the problem.  I have 1.52 installed here and I see no problem with Biggin Hill. And I agree, you have to run the AEC process in Vector. -   Doug

Thanks for the replies - this has solved the problem for me. As I had not installed or removed or changed anything not sure why this had happened to the scenery. Sorry for multiple topics but the entry did not seem to have been logged.  I am trying to find where to get the latest UK update which FTX Central tells me is available from the support page but it is not there. Can anyone point me to it.

Thanks 

Dave

Archived