Season textures - loading problem?

st1322

Hi,

I have P3D v3 - latest build. Recently I have observed interesting fact. I took off from EPWA direction ETNN. December, textures should be winter white. After 15 minutes, all of a sudden clear border was seen - change from beautiful green to winter white. Ok, I thought, some issue. Reinstalled libraries and tried again.  This time I have loaded random flight at random airport. I took EPMO and date of today - Dec 10th 2016. When flight loaded I saw a flash of textures from winter white to green... and stayed green. THEN, I have reloaded time and season to the same date and... textures loaded as winter white.

What could be the problem here? I have installed P3D V 3.2 I think, or 3.3 - cant remember. Then, when updates arrived I have upgraded Content only - left scenery alone as it is possible. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix it?

Regards,

Tom

Hi Holger,

weather was clear skies. Most interesting is that when loaded free flight for split second it blinks white to green :) And when I reload time and season it goes to winter as it should. Would you happen to know more about it? Or any suggestions?

Tom

Hi Tom,

there was a general issue with P3D in regards to its system time setting and default flight -- http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/115735-fall-colors-during-spring-in-orbx-wales-orbx-global-with-lc/#comment-1039176 -- but that doesn't really sound like the issue you're describing.

If you're talking about actual "blinking", meaning split-second changes, then it can't be texture loading from the Orbx folders as that would take a scenery refresh to switch between seasonal variants. Blinking would indicate that two different variants are already loaded in the video buffer. P3D does pre-load the default flight at start-up so perhaps it has to do with that?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

I remember some time ago having the same problem around Goheen W52 .PNW re unsatisfactory Winter Textures-FSX and P3D

Your advice to avoid using Winter Wonderland,Heavy Snows etc out of the Weather Options panel helped a lot

Set to Default Weather -Fair Weather? Than set a winter date and let Orbx scenery do the rest gave me a smooth winter countryside.

xxd09

Archived