Chaotic landclass textures

Simu67

Hi,

I have P3D V3.4, a lot of Orbx add-ons, but only Orbx add-ons, all the regions, all the global products and a lot of airports.

My last installations are Telluride and GEN.

I have a weird problem : At some places in North America, the landclass textures are absurd and changing all the time. This occurs in the Grand Canyon near KGCN, and it was OK for a few weeks.

I have tried to set a new scenery.cfg, then i,'ve uninstalled and reinstalled NA OLC with Central v3, refreshed my shaders, asked help on french forum without succes... and nothing works.

Can anybody help, I don't want to reinstall everything ?

Hi guys, I was very curious about this so I made that flight today and posted my results here.

As you can see some do look like that but I think what's happening is it takes the sim several seconds to draw all those canyon walls.

Did you see something different?

Best,

Jack

Yes...same problem here.  This and other problems appear to be related to how Open LC North America works with Global Base and Vector (the only things I have running in that area.  When I turn off the open LC the Grand Canyon texture problem goes away (as does other issues like trees on some runways in Alaska).  This is too bad because I enjoy what it does for my night lighting in the cities and other things (and I paid for it and don't like it sitting inactive because they can't get it to play well with their other offerings).

My frame rates are high in that area and it doesn't seem to matter about drawing textures for that area.  It never seems to stabilize.  It's not acceptable like this in my opinion.

John

I've opted for placing the freeware ozx grand canyon over the top of my ftx/orbx  to improve the grand canyon area.  I think it does an excellent job of both the airport and the grand canyon.  I still get some chaotic scenery changes in areas at the edge of the canyon, and I suspect this is where the freeware allows the open LC to show through, but it makes the area enjoyable to fly while still using the FTX Open LC North America.

Here's a thought - although I haven't messed with settings to see if this is a cause, but I think I manually changed something a while back in my FSX.cfg file, maybe the LOD setting, to prevent detail at a distance.  This improves my frame rates over the larger cities when I'm at higher altitudes.  I'm wondering if this might not be causing FTX open LC from giving adequate distance views of the grand canyon even though it is good for urban areas.

g2.jpg

1m6pHDk.jpg

Fresh install P3D v3.4. Rome is surrounded by lakes and all kinds of weird terrain texture bleeds.

Installed

FTX Global Base 1.3, started sim, everything looks ok.

FTX Global Vector 1.45, started sim, everything looks ok.

Install OpenLC Europe 1.2 and that is when the mess started.

FTX Central V3, migrated every time it asked to migrate.

I'm using FSX so don't have migrated file issue.  I did try adjusting LOD settings in the config file without success.  I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the NA Open LC from the FTX Central.  This didn't solve the problem either.  Interesting though, it didn't seem to remove the files and on the re-install it simply compared the current files on my system to the ones online to update any changes and found none.  It then appears to have simply 'reactivated' the existing scenery files.  Perhaps removing the NA Open LC files completely from my system manually and then reinstalling might help, but I'll wait to see if someone else can figure it out (or if someone from FTX can offer some support).

I believe I've identified the problem (for me anyway) as being a corrupted file with the download of Open LC NA.  I've fixed the problem by:

1. Uninstalling Open LC NA through FTX Central

2. Going to the actual scenery folder and manually deleting all the folders and files related named Open LC NA.

3. Reinstalling Open LC NA through FTX Central's "Install" button.

Note:  If you do not remove the files manually from your directory (step 2 above), then all FTX Central does is inactivate and reactivate the existing files - including any corrupted ones.

Now if I can only get rid of those pesky trees on the runway at PAML (also a Open LC NA issue).

John

Archived