Problem with ORBX YBBN & YSCH ground textures

PaulFWatts

Hi,

For some time I've had a problem with the Apron and Taxiway textures at YBBN & YSCH as per the screenshots.

I've tried all the suggestions on the Avsim & Orbx forums but have never been able to solve this.

I'm running the latest P3D V3.4 and FTX3 on a i7 6700 with a GTX 1080 card and 16Gb memory with 500Mb SSD.

I've tried running "FSX Ground Poly" for YBBN but while it improves the Apron the Ramp area (as shown in Capture4) remains the same poor quality and the runway then looks blurry and  poor quality texture.

I'm having the same problem at YSCH.

I have a lot of other ORBX airports plus running all the ORBX LC's, Vector, Regions, Base package, Libraries, etc with everything up to date. Don't have this problem with the other airports.

Since I've had this problem for so long I'm not sure now if it started when I installed Rex4 or Rex WorldWide Airports HD or if it was a problem before that.

Would appreciate someone posting a screenshot of what the Apron, Taxiways and Parking Area is supposed to look like at YBBN (for comparison purposes) and appreciate any help with solving this problem. Have literally spent a number of hours trying to solve it and given up a number of times.

Kind regards

Capture4.PNG

Capture7.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

5 minutes ago, teecee said:

Might be coincidence, but both these airports have been "done" by either Ozx or by Ant (Ants Aussie airports).. and both used PR..you do not have any of their stuff installed do you? Teecee.

Thanks teehee for replying.

The only non ORBX airport I have is Fly Tampa YSSY. Everything else is ORBX.

Hi Paul,

For YBBN, you have the ground polygons disabled which will display photoreal textures and your ground detail map which appears to be set to grass. Enable one of the ground polygons options at the top of the control panel to display the ground polygons instead.

Regarding YSCH, it predates our use of ground polygons in airports and I believe is photoreal-only.

57 minutes ago, Alex Goff said:

Hi Paul,

For YBBN, you have the ground polygons disabled which will display photoreal textures and your ground detail map which appears to be set to grass. Enable one of the ground polygons options at the top of the control panel to display the ground polygons instead.

Regarding YSCH, it predates our use of ground polygons in airports and I believe is photoreal-only.

Hi Alex,

I've tried the ground polygons at YBBN and it then makes the runway look terrible plus blurry markings. While it makes the Apron look better the parking area still looks the same strange grass hybrid.

Re "Ground detail map set to grass" is there any way to change this?  I have a similar problem at ORBX YPEC where the runway and taxiways looks like some sort of grass hybrid with markings on it.

• 1 year later...

hey yeah, ive seen the disable grass textures but something is not right.

ive changed for the cracked detail.bmp and it didnt show any diference if it did i coudnt even notice it.

so i went ahead and uninstalled fully p3d.

(registry deletes , folder and anything with lm on its name pretty much)

installed p3d then loaded all orbx things from ftx central, i forced migration then opened ftx vector and ran the tool idk what it does but my brother told me to ran it every time an addon is installed.

opened p3d and went to ybas now it looks like concrete covered in sand but still not concrete, this is driving me nuts ill leave a screenshot for you to see this is the stock only have orbx and p3d, no other addon whatsoever, i even went to veryfy files etc etc, anyone could have another idea?.

ill put up my specs for you to see. 

Nick and others thanks again for your time and help.Captureorbxybas1.thumb.JPG.f22a3ab964268b4ff4d5302c15689c4f.JPGsettings.thumb.JPG.e69e033721899dde4de1fedabc677002.JPGsettings1.thumb.JPG.515a6147b778de82634ca55fd12fa021.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

hi I receive email today advise to go to forum for the fix, is the a fix to this problem ? thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Forbx.zendesk.com%

Richard Lincoln (Orbx Simulation Systems)

Nov 14, 8:18 AM AEDT

Hi,

YBBN has a Ground Poly, have you enabled it in the Control Panel? Please reeply with the link to the Forum Post created to have this issue fixed.
https://orbxdirect.com/refunds

Thanks
Richard

Helo Nick

I select the second one but the apron is working perfect however the taxi way is different the texture? is this normal or need to reinstall again. I park at ramp 15 small plane as soon as taxi to out the texture is different. 

Is it possible a bug? please advise thank you

Regards,

Zulk 

Archived