Can't reinstall NA pacific fjords on XP computer

JHelmer

Hi, long time customer purchased Pacific North west/ Pacific Fjords / England. Had to reinstall Windows and lost my Flight sim installs and your scenery. Re downloaded but installer won't work with Windows XP. Any workaround. Is old FTX Central available?

Any help would be appreciated.

kind regards John

Hi JHelmer,

FTX Central version 2 and above do not support Windows XP, sorry.

I've attached a copy of FTX Central v1, but any use of this is unsupported as our core scenery files now require FTX Central v2.1 or above.

I would strongly recommend you upgrade to Windows 7 or above as not even Microsoft supports Windows XP anymore.

FTXCentral.exe

Thanks. As you know The old FTX central won't work. I did manage to install the scenery manually and it works but I wonder if there is any way I can install updated Library without FTX Central?some issues with water which the new library updates supposedly help.

trying to keep  my old XP computer running if I can. Runs FSX SE surprisingly well. Tongass X scenery installs and runs fine.. trying to set up Return to Misty Moorings which makes extensive use of ORBX sceneries Pacific Fjords , Pacific NW both of which I own if I can get then to work. When You add in UK scenery i have $150 worth of your scenery . Any tips , hints appreciated. 

Archived