ORBX NA NORCAL region wont show up in P3d v3.4

ahsmatt7

I bought the NORCAL region today and I manually downloaded the file and then went ahead and installed in through FTX central. Once FTX central said the region was installed, I modified some things in the configuration option for performance tweaking. I fired up P3d v3.4 and loaded up KSFO. I looked around and it is still default scenery. I am downloading the FTX libraries as we speak.

What did I do wrong?

Hello again,

Ive been out flying for a few days. I installed the libraries and the scenery does indeed show up.

I have another problem though. A big one in fact. The scenery will load unbelievably slow now. Not just ORBX but for all the default terrain around the world. It looks like a smudged crayon picture. Is there anyway to fix this? I have uninstalled the scenery package and had to reinstall P3d content and scenery to fix the issue.

Hello,

Could you please attach an image with coordinates of the affected area, are you using a HDD or an SSD? I will leave a link below to attach a screenshot.

coordinates? its the whole entire scenery area as well as the entire world as far as the default terrain is concerned. The textures are clear for about 2 to 3 minutes until i fly over any other part of the scenery that the airplane wasnt originally over. This is also affecting all default terrain textures and scenery textures.

Once i uninstalled the product, i had to do a clean content and scenery install to cure the problem of the default scenery textures.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On 12/4/2016 at 9:49 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Can you indicate the specifications of the device that you have installed the products to please?

I am running 4k currently but the issue does persist under a 1080p setup as well

i7 2700k Oced to 4.5 GHZ HT on

GTX 970

P3d v3.4 is on its seperate HD partition and the HD is rated at 7200 RPM

ASUS P8Z77-M PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop

22 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, that should display the scenery perfectly well.

Do I correctly understand that installing Northern California also

ruined the rest of the default scenery?

yes that is whats happening. Also here's an update for you.

I reinstalled the scenery and all is well for the most part. There are times where at 250 knots at 4000 ft, where the textures arent loading to full resolution and its a blurry mess. However, I now notice with the default terrain that individual tiles are showing up as complete squares. The default textures show up as really blocky in terms of boundaries between trees and desert. For example, where there is a large portion of trees (the default tree texture) up against a desert texture, instead of having a smooth transition, the tree texture outline is just blocks and squares. Also, the textures seem to change rapidly and sometimes ill see squares of textures that are extremely weird looking. I tried letting FTX central rebuild the terrain.cfg file as per the stickied post but to no avail.

zaob0A0.jpg

eMErboK.jpg

ESWAzJN.png

no response in a week? Im not to thrilled with the support.

I had to do a complete reinstall of p3d. my exe.xml got messed up after this orbx install. My terrain got messed up after this orbx install.

Long story short, im not touching anything from orbx. Sadly, this was my first product. Most assuredly my only product from orbx.

$27 down the drain...

Hello,

You might try refreshing your terrain.cfg file, as detailed in this topic.

I already tried that and it didnt help.
Thats what lead me to doing a full reinstall of p3d v3.4.

I mentioned this in my previous post with the pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

can anyone from orbx respond to this issue? ive been patient over the holidays but this is ridiculous. Is this how you treat your customers? Im not going away. Either i get support or I want a refund. I have not been able to use the product i purchased since I bought it.

Archived