Pacific Northwest Blurry textures

american398

I had exactly the same problem before. The global base looked fine, no blurry but OLC Europe was a mess. It was like it never got fully loaded. Then I saw a thread here in the forums that suggested to change the afffinity mask to 249 or 241. I did that and now everything looks good! Sometimes it gets a little blurry but it is way better now. The tweak could have some fps impact according to some, but for me it was the opposite, good luck!

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

so glad i found this post and im hoping i can get some help. Im having the EXACT same issue. global base is fine and the other regions are blurry. i have even tried the affinity mask setting with no luck.

Corsair Carbide Series Air 540

i7 4790K 4GHZ

Asus Z97 Deluxe 3.1

Asus GTX 980 Strix

Corsair H110 Hydro

Corsair Vengeance Pro Series DDR3 32GB

Samsung 256GB 850 Pro Series (SSD)

Samsung 512GB 850 Pro Series (SSD)

Seagate 3TB 7200RPM (x2)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt Power Supply

I have been having a horrible time with blurries lately and have tried everything I've seen in the forums without success. I have a similar set as djmatt but with a GTX 1070. Earlier tonight I uninstalled OpenLC NA, and guess what...no blurries. Got to be something up with OLC NA perhaps?

It is very strange, for me the afffinity mask setting 249 worked fine, but sometimes I have blurry textures but they clears up after a short while except for s few times. Have you contacted the orbx support? It seems to be a common problem for a lot of people, no matter the computer specs. What kind of other tweaks did you put in?

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

Ya, I used to have my FFF at .33 but recently changed it for some reason. I did just change it back to .33 and re-installed OLC NA and it doesn't look to bad on a low and slow quick flight. I'll see how it goes on an airline flight later. Thanks to all for your help, hope fully the re-install was the main issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Global base is just a texture replacement where OLC and regions add auto gen. Like better cities, towns,Buildings, Roads, Dams, bridges, Trees and such.  They are heaver on resources and tax your systems. If you got a good system and video card you should be having better results. Sometimes doing a clean install of your flight sim and software can go a long way in rectifying allot of problems.

Archived