Shadows at KBHB - Bar Harbor ???

scottb613

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to get shadows to show up on the ramp at KBHB Bar Harbor... I am pretty sure I have my system setup correctly - and I get shadows at other airports... Is there a config setting or update I may be missing ?

Thanks...

On a side note - this is one superb and seriously underrated plane for those in the market for a biz jet...

Comparison Shots on my system:

Bar Harbor

Prepar3D%202016-11-19%2016-54-41_zpsolel

Twenty Nine Palms

Prepar3D%202016-11-13%2020-53-13_zps5c8a

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scottb613

It all depends on your shadow settings.

As you did not inform the simulator (should), I submitted my adjustments in which the aircraft casts shadows in the next two figures; and in a third, in the case of the P3D, an adjustment in which the aircraft did not cast shadows.

1. FSX

00 fsx aircraftcastsshadows.jpg

2. P3D

00 p3d aircraftcastsshadows.jpg

3. P3D

00 p3d aircraftNocastsshadows.jpg

Cheers,

Voyager

Howdy Scott,

What are your shadow settings in Prepar3D? P3D native ground polygons need "Buildings" set to receive shadows, and like Voyager noted, SimObjects to cast. Ground polygons look like ground, but are really the same as any other scenery model to P3D when it comes down to categorizing objects.

Hi Folks,

Awesome !!! Thanks for the prompt responses - sorry - yep P3Dv3.4... LOL - I've flown there a bunch and it just seemed something was missing - it took forever for me to figure out what it was... Off to try this... Put the "pop" back in Bar Harbor... Thanks so much... I see there is another biz jet fan in the crowd...

Alex - last week in October wife and I rented a cottage on a lake in Jackson ME - stomping the logging roads looking for moose - what great country - they have an airport too - which of course we visited - probably too off the beaten track for a project but cool all the same... Thanks for all your hard work on Bar Harbor - it's truly a favorite...

;)

Regards,
Scott

Is that Belfast Muni down the road? Or is there a strip out that way as well? Belfast and Rockland were on standby as Bar Harbor photo backups two summers ago in case whether or scheduling didn't permit Bar Harbor. Luckily it all worked out because Bar Harbor is easily the cooler of the options :)

Hi Alex,

Different part of the state - Northwestern ME (59B)...

I think you picked what would probably be the most commercially successful airport in Maine - I hope it did well for you... Owl's Head in Rockland is nice too - been there a few times in real life but Bar Harbor is the more widely known... Always looking forward to see what you do next - keep up the good work and thanks for thinking of the EAST coast !!!

Jackman ME (59B)

243_zpsx8rhzzir.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Archived