open lc north america

Bob12

Hello. I bought open lc North America a few months back when it covered Alaska and Canada. I followed the migration procedure With link to flightsim store but open lc North America in ftx Central 3 is greyed out. Is this a glitch/error or am I forced to buy the rest of open lc North America for a staggering price of 60 bucks to be able to have some Control on the open lc NA that I bought a few months ago?

14 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

No, there are several topics answering this question already.

The product is not yet in the Orbx Direct catalogue but it will be.

There is no reason at all why you cannot simply carry on using it.

ok, it is in my catalogue but ok. I have been in the army of my country and done service for months in hotzones and had very much else Things on my mind than fsx and p3d. Things are calming Down and I like to use fsx/p3d as a long time hobby, find it relaxing and fun. Am I right in that I have missed out on a "discount" for previous owners of open lc NA covering Alaska and Canada and that if I want to buy the rest I have to buy Alaska and Canada all over again? Really? I bought open lc NA back then under the promise you would develope more coverage and of course without the possibility that I would be ripped off and have to buy the Product I already bought once more. Where and when did you ever explain I had 30 days to buy the finished Product if I wanted it when I bought open lcNA With only Alaska and Canada? Of course I bought open LC NA With great trust in you, and that you would screw me over With this 30 days to get a discount never entered my mind. I Wonder about the legal aspect of this. You are forcing me to buy parts of Your Product twice because I really had no option to buy it at release. Is this how you have become? Is this the New orbx? Then I dont like it at all.

Two announcements from the Announcement forum that has recently been replaced.

This from 6th May 2016

Hello all,

This has been mentioned before but I thought it deserves its own pinned topic just in case people missed it.

Firstly let me explain the difference between openLC NA Alaska/Canada and the rest of openLC NA.

- openLC NA Alaska/Canada was released a few months ago. It includes Greenland, Alaska and Canada. We decided to split it off from the overall openLC NA region because we did not want to make customers wait too long. So we priced it at half the price of openLC EU, AU$22.50

- openLC NA is the *combined* total North America openLC region which includes the above Greenland/Alaska/Canada, and then adds in USA, Hawaii, Mexico and the Caribbean. This was what the openLC NA product was going to include originally before the split. This second part of NA is now in beta testing and we are aiming to release it in June all going well.

So what is the special deal?

Simple: right now you can buy openLC NA Alaska/Canada for AU$13.95 during the sale. Anyone who has purchased it (even prior to the sale) will qualify for a $22.50 discount on the full combined openLC NA (Greenland/Alaska/Canada/USA/Hawaii/Mexico/Caribbean) when it is released in June. This discount applies only for the first month of release.

From June 15th 2016 openLC EU and openLC NA will increase in price to AU$54.95. This means the 'sweet spot' to complete your openLC NA complete package is between now and 1st June when you spend $13.95 to get a $22.50 savings on $44.95, then buy the second part (openLC NA complete) before June 15th.

Note: if you have already installed openLC Alaska/Canada you won't need to download it again when the combined openLC NA is released. You will only need to download the new parts of the installer.

Why are we making noise about this? 

Because we don't want any backlash from customers who don't take advantage of the sale and don't buy the rest of openLC NA, and then complain about paying $54.95 for it down the track, even if they've already bought the AK/Canada part.

So ... you've been given the heads up now.

The explanation was repeated in the release announcement, 31st July 2016

We're pleased to announce that openLC NA has been released and now the whole continent is complete!

We have now completed the FTX openLC North America pack after starting off with the northern half - Arctic, Alaska and Canada. openLC North America now covers an area over 24 million square kilometres with FTX Global custom textures and new textures unique to openLC. FTXG openLC as the name suggests, replaces the default landclass layer with higher detailed and a better variety of land types. This in turn creates a more varied and accurate terrain with FSX or P3D. It has been specifically designed to work with both FTX Global Base and FTX Global Vector as part of the total simulator overhaul. With FTX Global and openLC North America you can now begin to explore the vast and beautiful area of North and Central America, Greenland as well as the Caribbean islands and Hawaii. Make sure to check the photoreal volcanoes of Popocatépetl, Iztaccihauatl, Colima, San Cristobal-Casita, Telica & Momotombo as well in your travels.

Hand crafted landclass for 24 million sq km.
Thousands of superb new textures
Greatly reduced texture repetition
Full five seasons support
New night lighting tech to major cities!
Made for FTX Global and Vector
Accurate cities, towns, villages
Each geographic area feels unique
6 photoreal volcanoes in Mexico and Nicaragua
Plenty to explore!

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=3898

Please note the actual product is contained in 4 separate zip files. You will need all 4 zip files downloaded and extracted to the same location before running the setup file.

For customers that have already purchased openLC Alaska/Canada can qualify for an automatic $22.50AUD discount off the full price of openLC North America.This offer is strictly limited for 30 days so don't delay. This discount will automatically be applied when checking out.

Hi Nick,

I obviously missed the 31st July announcement. as I purchased the openLC NA Alaska/Canada in 2015 October.

I will purchase the openLC North America, I have no problem with that. Question : does it install over the existing openLC Alaska/Canada or should ones first uninstall the former ?

Best regards.

G.

Ok, so you have covered yourself here. I should of course read every thread on everything before buying anything. Tell me the difficulty for you to honor loyal customers that buys Your Products and not denie them of discount over the matter of date? That is just unfriendly behavior. I bought the lc NA/Canada Alaska, that should be enough. Not setting up sweetspots of dates I have to be within. As I see it you have screwed me over here. Anyone New can buy open lc NA now and get the Whole shubang for 54 dollars. I have to pay that very same price to get rest of open lc NA. I have to buy Canada/Alaska all over again. If im right here you are truly screwing over loyal customers that has spent hundreds of dollars over the years. The problem With the customerbase here is that everyone are just reacting to everything from you guys With "wow" "greeat" "thank you" "thaaank you soo much" "take my Money" etc. You have lost at least 1 customer here, but who cares ey?

Archived