YBBN - no Qantas Domestic AI at terminal

XCLTM3

Hi all,

I'm baffled by the fact that of all my FTX/ORBX airports within Australia, for some reason Qantas domestic aircraft are never parked at the Qantas YBBN domestic terminal.

I've checked the afcad for parking, and all spots are correct for QFA & QFAX (just as they are for YMML, YBCS and all my other Aus sceneries).

I use UT2, and have triple checked the Qantas scheduling and all is fine - bearing in mind that Qantas domestic aircraft are turning up and parking correctly in all other Aus airports.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

PS: Qantas international aircraft are turning up at the YBBN international terminal no problems.

Rgds,

Steve

Dave is correct, we use QFAX for domestic Qantas aircraft and QFA for international ones to ensure each park at the appropriate gates. Using the one code for both would result in Qantas aircraft parking at the wrong gates.

I'm not sure how UT2 manages Parking Codes but I would suggest you update the Parking Code for the Qantas domestic aircraft within UT2 if that is possible. Alternatively, you could download and install the Orbx FTX AU AI Traffic pack (it's free) and disable UT2 when flying within Australia or New Zealand.

UT AI relies on the parking code in the AI aircraft.cfg file.

So it would probably look something like this:

atc_parking_codes=QFA,QFAX

Beware - W10 ann edn saves it as a txt file, despite saying that it will save it as a cfg file.

1 hour ago, petfy said:

UT AI relies on the parking code in the AI aircraft.cfg file.

So it would probably look something like this:

atc_parking_codes=QFA,QFAX

Beware - W10 ann edn saves it as a txt file, despite saying that it will save it as a cfg file.

All AI use the parking code as well as the wing_span within the aircraft.cfg to determine the airline and size of aircraft to use each spot. But be advised afaik, FSX only uses one code from the aircraft.cfg. P3d may be able to use 2 codes but I'm not 100% and never use more than 1. Personally, I only use the X as in QFAX or UALX, DALX for spots that I know the regionals will use and don't worry about domestic vs international flights parking at the right spot.

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition WILL save cfg files as .cfg no problem, I use wordpad to edit cfg files in p3d and work with dozens of them EVERY day without issue.

Archived