Poor graphics around Airports

Tobycoco

Hello everyone,

I have transferred over to Prepar3D, and I have to say the Orbx Global and region packs look stunning on there (Well done Orbx).

The only problem I have is the graphics around all airports, they all seem to have a grey patch of blurriness somewhere around them?

Please could someone help?

Is there a setting or something I am missing? Please take a look at a sample Airport of what I am seeing for all of them.

I would love some help please?

ltC8XoC.jpg

Hi my specs are:

Intel Core i7-6700HQ Processor

16GB RAM, 512GB SSD

Graphics NVIDIA Geforce GTX960M.

I have not maxed out the setting in the sim at all.

Any idea what the problem is? The rest of the world graphics really are suburb, its just around every Airport

Hi there,

without coordinates it's difficult to talk specifics but what I'm seeing in your screenshot is a photoreal section that does look like it hasn't been fully processed (i.e., color corrected etc.). I'm surprised that you're saying it affects all airports as photoreal files are always tied to a specific location and most airports have "generic" grass or gravel skirtings, at least in our products.

In any case we need more information about the specific location(s) and perhaps a few more representative screenshots.

Cheers, Holger

1 hour ago, Tobycoco said:

Wow really?

Yes, you do know that FTX England doesn't turn stock airports into payware airports right? The primary function is an update to the land class, vector and elevation data. The stock airports get a makeover but it doesn't stop them being stock default airports. 

1 hour ago, Tobycoco said:

Ok that's fine, thanks Glenn, at least I know that there are no problems and I am seeing what everyone else is seeing.

Thanks a lot.

Having looked at your pics again Im not sure if the car park texture (which is what it is) is being displayed in the right location. You may want to provide specific locations in your pics using the coordinates.

Archived