Something happened to my scenery?

bill721

Thanks for the scenery information.  It really looks good.  I still have the issue if you fly out of airport 1G4 it looks like the picture in my original post.  Areas change texture and color in blocks as you fly over the scenery.  Does it look ok to you?

Thank you for your help...

Bill

I tried the morphing fix reloading the terrain.cfg file and it didn't help.  It looks like it is only the area around airport 1g4 and then going north and north east.  If you fly a 100 miles you fly out of the problem and the scenery looks good again.  I tried reloading the FTX Sedona airport and Openlc north America and I still have the issue.

Any other thoughts.  Would you mind flying out of airport 1g4 and see if you see the same issues

Thanks Bill

fsx 2016-11-13 09-03-38-90.jpg

fsx 2016-11-13 09-05-07-88.jpg

Thanks for looking.  Yours looks good so it is just me although I'm running FSX.  Is there a trouble shooting program in version 3 like there was in version 2.  I don't have any control panel options in FTX Central v3 on the migrated program ftx Global trees, ftx gobal base pack, ftx global openLC North America.  Is that correct?

How do I push this to get official support?

Here's my migration purchase information: 

Product information

• Transaction ID: 58253c99b82f5
  • Product: FTX Global openLC North America
  • Amount paid: $0.00 AUD
  • Purchased at: 2016-08-02 03:56:14
  • Transaction ID: 58253c99b82f5
  • Product: FTX Global BASE Pack
  • Amount paid: $0.00 AUD
  • Purchased at: 2015-12-27 03:05:57
  • I also have purchased
  • FTX Global Vector
  • Trees HD
  • KCGX Migs Field
  • KSEZ Sedona Airport
  • NA Central Rockies
  • NA Southern Alaska.
  •  

8 minutes ago, bill721 said:

Is there a trouble shooting program in version 3 like there was in version 2.

Bill

There should still be a trouble shooter tool located in your FSX/Orbx folder.

Do you have any other 3rd party addons that may be affecting the area?

I don't have a trouble shooter in the orbits FTX Central 3 start menu or in the settings in the program it self.  See screen shot.  I don't think I have any 3rd party software in this area.  You can see my insertion points in the screen shot below.

11-13-2016 3-52-48 PM.jpg

My FSS account doesn't have my download links available anymore...  The only way for me to get the files is to uninstall and then reinstall via FTX Central 3. 

I know they were suppose to reactivate the FSS links but didn't for me for some reason.  

I uninstalled FTX Global Base Pack and I'm downloading now....

Why do I think this is going to be a mess?????

If I have more problems is there a way to do a clean uninstall of all the ORBX programs and then do a fresh install?  And is there a certain order they should be reinstalled?

Thanks so much for the help

Bill

Ok, should be good then lol...

I have never tried doing a fresh build with only FTXC3 but its supposed to work great lol. I kept a copy of all my newest installers on a storage drive so I didn't need to try and get from FSS again.

Uninstalling everything and starting clean shouldn't be problem, it doesn't matter what order you do the install as the installers are supposed to put everything in order, but after the fact we do need to make sure your scenery library order is correct. Below is an image from the Product Definitive Guide, and I use the free scenery config editor to move mine around, but you can do the same in game with the FSX scenery library.

The insertion point will also need to be set in FTXC3 after you install Global base. FTX entries should be inserted below FTX Global base.

LibraryOrder.png

Archived