thank you Nick

wombat

Hi Wombat,

4 hours ago, wombat said:

I don't know where it came from

FreeMeshX is a ""huge"" multi-part download, so it would not be on your system mistakenly as a DL or installation, unless you specifically downloaded from "Avsim"  or "NineTwoProductions".

Do you by chance share your sim computer with any other flight simmers in your family, who were interested in Mesh products, specifically FreeMeshX covering the Globe, up to and including v1.07 (Africa,  Antarctica,  Asia,  Australia&Oceania,  Europe,  North America,  South&Central America,  Patches) .

Hi Jeff, no I am the only one using this computer, I have been on Avsim but I have never heard of NineTwoProductions.

I did see it was a huge file when I did the Ccleaner this morning, how can I get rid of it ?

I do not have FreeMeshX in my control/programs and features so cannot delete it from there.

Well wombat that is a mystery, as you would need to physically download and extract/unzip the Mesh folders & files to their various FreeMeshX directories and then activate them in your Scenery Library for them to have any impact on your simulator.

As you have done none of these processes by your own efforts,  I suspect you have only downloaded a few of the FreeMeshX - 7Zip files and have not proceeded further to extraction setup & installation. I doubt that the FreeMeshX files would have been installed or activated at all.

Check your Sim "Scenery Library" for titles with this wording (FreeMeshX-) untick any that you find, then rebuild the database by clicking OK to the panel.

If you are certain none of the FreeMeshX Folders or Files have been installed or activated and would like to remove the mistakenly Downloaded FreeMeshX 7Zip Files, you can search your "C:\ drive" "Sim drive" "Addon Scenery" folder, or ?:\ or entire system for folders or 7Zip files - with "FreeMeshX" in the filename.  Delete as you go!!

Beyond that, if you have them extracted / installed into anywhere else other than the prescribed installation folders, per (NineTwoProductions suggested folder names) or in an undefined scenery folder then they will not be easily identified because they are .bgl files, whose filenames are so named as NLatELon.bgl or SLatELon.bgl  -  each global tile having a distinct Lon & Lat degree to differentiate one tile and location from another, they may be indistinguishable from other important .bgl's so named (I cannot help route out these files if this is the scenario) but I suspect you are only at the accidental download stage therefore no harm done.

Incidently - I use various Global areas of FreeMeshX as an alternative to Payware Mesh - it seems to work quite well with no more or less elevation anomalies than any other High-Res Mesh product. I have been quite happy with the results so far. Try it out if you don't already have a Payware mesh product - I think you will like the FreeMeshX new Hi-res lumps and bumps, emphasis on "Free".

If I had exe the files they would be in my Control panel/programs and features I would think so it does sound as if I have not installed them, they are as you say 7Z files, I am happy with the way my flight sim is so I will go through your suggestion, according to Ccleaner their files are compressed and in my C/drive, my flightsim stuff is all in my D Drive.

I have checked my scenery folders and cannot find anything to do with FrreeMeshX, only the one on my C/users/Ron/Desktop and that is the one that is showing as 9.70GB

This may show you where they are, and that file is 9.70 GB

CCleaner.jpg

Hi Ron (Wombat),

FMX is purely a manual install, so no auto installers, .EXE installers or config programs to deal with. FMX resides in "Addon Scenery" in a folder structure suggested by N2P sub-forum @Avsim http://www.avsim.com/forum/737-freemeshx-global-support-forum/, as the best means of keeping FMX files ordered and ready for future updates also Library order positioning for The FMX group. You need not worry about this, as FMX does not seem to be installed or extracted into your sim.

It does indeed look like some earlier Download of FreeMeshX V1.05 patch and FreeMeshX Europe. At any rate these are safe to delete (Or move for testing & confirmation) those 2 FreeMeshX .7z's  in your pic without affecting your sim, as they are just the 7Zip DL's. (Delete them if you experience no ill affects in P3D). Once you're satisfied they're are no negative consequences (empty your Trash bin) you can then re-run CCleaner if you wish to remove those FMX elements listed in the picture above. At least you will gain back 9.7Gb of disk space for your own use.  

Looks like you don't have all needed folders to make up the complete FMX package but if you did  - The FreeMeshX folder structure requires that depending on your region of interest (FMX Mesh Regions installed and active), you at least have that version up to date, currently V1.07 and Patches, and also have the files extracted into their appropriate FMX Scenery folder which may or may not be active in your Scenery library (Activated as needed).

Hi Jeff,

been doing some flying after I moved the FreeMeshX file and all seems to be good, so I deleted that folder and got 9.7 gb back on my c drive, now I have a bit more breathing space.

Thank you for your help.

Ron

Archived