Registering on the new ORB-X site.

johnwillimas

An idiotic reminder then. You now have three OrbX thingies : 

- a Forum, nothing changes for you.

- a User Interface to manage your stuff in your computer, that's FTX Central. You know it and hopefully love it ;)  Download and install v3 to replace the version 2.  Nothing really changes except its better.  You don't do the license transfer here.

- a Shop to buy new stuff, and that's OrbXDirect. As any shop, you need to create an account with an email and a password. You had one with FSS, you need another one now. The name/password you have for the forum don't work.  You do the license transfer here.When your OD account is created, you log your FTX C3 into it to buy. 

Now, it happens that when you create the OD shop account,  you don't get the validation email from OrbX. The snag happened to me and to other people. We checked the spam bin. Nada. You have then to post a support ticket at Orbx and within hours Ben will activate it.

All,

I have my account activated, but when I try to update the products I have installed, I get the message: "you do not have access to this build".

What went wrong, could somebody help me here

Hans

2 minutes ago, hanss said:

All,

I have my account activated, but when I try to update the products I have installed, I get the message: "you do not have access to this build".

What went wrong, could somebody help me here

Hans

Did you transfer your licenses from FSS to OD ?  If you did, did you log  FTXC into your account   ?

37 minutes ago, hanss said:

I tried so far in vain. I'll try again and report back. Thank you Dominique.

Hans

what did you try in vain, Hans ? The license transfer ?

EDIT BTW is it a payware or a freeware that generates the message because freeware have to be manually added to the account. 

Hi Dominique,

I tried to install and open FTX Central v3. I got it open with my account mentioned. I then tried to transfer my FSS account which did not work. An email was going to be sent to verify my account. I just received the mail and confirmed my FSS account.

I will now open FTX Central again and see whether I have my account updated.

I'll be back.

Hans

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here, no validation e-mail since mid afternoon.    Admittedly, I set up an account with a different e-mail, but it appears that I still need access to the original e-mail to transfer purchases from FSS.   Ideally, I would like to have that original validation associated to my original e-mail account here.  

JH

Thanks Nick, appreciate the help.   I'm in!

So far, no validation on the FSS side though.    Don't know if that has to pass an approval at their end or if it should be fairly seamless in terms of the request and then receiving an email.   

JH

Archived