Worldwide Map of Orbx airports - Added to website

John Venema

Hi there,

While we continue to work on the website, several promised features are not ready yet. Ben and I are working on a new map system which will be a vast improvement over what we had previously. However our focus right now is to focus on core level 1 support issues and bug following the launch.

In the meantime here are your Orbx location map options you can use:

Ed's map of Orbx Regions and Payware Airports:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1oMki4fAslLZKQiCQIn2fNSvvzG0&hl=en&ll=0.981700355869586%2C-108.22483875&z=2

Map of every Orbx payware and freeware airport (last updated 9th August 2016):

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=16TLldaoxxmFv7wOWfYyM8zV-bgM&ll=-3.81666561775622e-14%2C-146.42578025&z=2

UPDATE: 3rd November

As an interim measure we have now added Ed's map showing all regions and payware products to the footer of the new OrbxDirect website. Future versions of this map will be embedded in each product page to show more context.

OrbxMaps.jpg

IT would very cool if you folks could incorporate somehow, an interactive map to go with each product (perhaps off to the left or right of a product's description), that can provide the global location, right off the bat.  Not that I'm not appreciative of the efforts made for the above referenced maps, it would just add a little more professional, clean and concise information for the shopper. :)

Thanks for these though John, I'd been looking for one of these maps for a while now and I think one of them used to be around, but disappeared online. (I can be wrong about this).

2 hours ago, jmorvay1971 said:

IT would very cool if you folks could incorporate somehow, an interactive map to go with each product (perhaps off to the left or right of a product's description), that can provide the global location, right off the bat.  Not that I'm not appreciative of the efforts made for the above referenced maps, it would just add a little more professional, clean and concise information for the shopper. :)

Thanks for these though John, I'd been looking for one of these maps for a while now and I think one of them used to be around, but disappeared online. (I can be wrong about this).

It is implemented on Ed's map, click one icon will deploy a lateral bar with a link to the airport page.

• 2 months later...
On ‎2‎-‎11‎-‎2016 at 9:35 PM, Jorge Bach said:

It is implemented on Ed's map, click one icon will deploy a lateral bar with a link to the airport page.

I think what he meant was the other way around. So on the airport product page it would be nice if you can see where it is located.

Archived