Meigs not loading correctly in FSX:team

Daemonhunter

Hi guys,

I purchased Meigs back at the beginning of the year (Order no: FSS0456964) and loaded it on to my FSX: Accelerated system and it worked great. My hard drive died so I built a newer better system, and installed FSX: Steam. I have successfully loaded my other Orbx products (Australia regions, Cairns airport) and they are working fine with FSX:Steam.  I have reloaded FTX Global and Meigs and it sort of works (runway looks ok - has some buildings, city buildings are there) but it is missing the main feature buildings - the Pier and the stadium etc. I removed and reinstalled and I loaded the 1.9gb of additional files suggested by FTX Central, but still not quite right.

So that we are clear, the copy I purchased originally was for FSX, not FSX:Steam. All my other older installs seems to be working ok.

I have uploaded a couple of small screenshots to show my issue. Two show the places where objects should be, and the third shows some of the buildings that actually do appear on the runway. All help in solving this problem appreciated

2016-10-30_21-37-1-418.BMP

2016-10-30_21-38-26-132.BMP

2016-10-30_21-38-2-504.BMP

If you are missing the main POI buildings it means the Orbx Objectflow module is not installed into your dll.xml

You can try doing this manually by browsing to [simulator]\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery and double-clicking ModuleInstaller.exe then follow the prompts

Hi guys,

Thanks to both Tim and Doogles for your help. I think it ended up being a combination of both. I ran the ModuleInstaller first and it said i didnt have a dll.xml so offered to make one, which I did, but when I ran Meigs I had the same problem. So I opened FTX Central and it did a migration - which was a little strange because I had been in and out of Central all afternoon seeing if I could figure out a fix (though on reflection im not sure i opened Central after downloading the 1.9gb library files).

Anyway, started FSX after the migration and got the message Tim mentioned about not having the Orbx Objectflow. It (re)created it and all is happy in Meigs land.

Thanks for your help guys. Very much appreciated.

Archived