Blue PNW elevation / install

Have had Orbx Blue PNW for quite a while and FSX Gold (dvd version), I recently installed FSX:SE and went through quite the challenge of trying to get Blue PNW  loaded into steam version. I first found the post about changing the registry install path to point to the steam version. Then I tried using the old version of the PNW installer that I had from several years a go, and updating with the patches from the support page, that didn't go so well! I then read all the way to the bottom of Nicks post and saw the bit about the the latest installers not needing registry changes and that they would recognize and install into steam version.  I then went to the FSS site and down loaded the new installers and installed with them. All seemed to be good, but the other day I started FTX Central 2 and it went through some migration stuff.  Now at KPDX, KSEA and I assume others, the runways are covered by terrain.

I tried using the registry fix tool and setting both the HKLM and HKCU to point to the Steam version, but no luck. The confusing part is that when I go in to FSX:SE settings/Scenery Library I see NO FTX or Orbx listed.  

Not sure what to do at this point, I thought about uninstalling and re-installing, but FTX Central 2 had no uninstall option, just to disable ORBX, which gets rid of the runway issues, but then I have no enhanced scenery either.

Mike

Doug,

I just tried that, only thing different were the versions of FTX Central (I have 2.1.6060.39190) and libraries (ver 160906 6 Sept 2016). the migrationtroubleshooter.exe showed all green for the ones I have, and uninstalled for the rest, All region files exist. All files valid, MD5 hashes checked.

I did some more poking around on the Steam forums, and found that my problem was that FTX Central seems to be changing the scenery,cfg file in  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX not in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE. I just copied the scenery.cfg file to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE and all is good.

Although I would like to have FTX Central pointed to to right location for future use.

Mike

Nick,

I saw that, but I have a question or two...

1. So all I have to do is change the Registry Key named Co-existence , and delete (personally I'd probably either rename them or move them) the two FSX folders in ..\programdata then restart FSX:SE to create a new FSX folder and FSX:SE will then look to that folder.

2. What happens after that, say I want to add another addon or a new ORBX region to the "old" non-steam version. You say it's reversible, so If I modify the reg key back to 1, then restart FSX:SE will it then create the FSX_SE folder in programdata again or will it keep using the FSX folder?

Thanks,

Mike

I see, you still have both versions.

Please ignore my advice then.

What you should have is a menu choice when you open FTX Central, allowing

you to choose between FSX and FSX-SE, do you have this?

If not, you should be able to set it up using the FTX registry fix tool from the 

freeware page.

You will need to make sure that you have both entries.

I have set up a dummy FSX-SE folder here, to illustrate what you would expect to see.

Untitled.jpg

Once you have done that, when you open FTX Central, you should see this

Untitled2.jpg

If you select Steam Edition, it should then write to the FSX-SE folders.

Good news.

Each of the Registry Fix tools has a different purpose, the Tweak FS one is very good

for those who see no FSX choice in the installer menu or if FTX Central cannot see FSX at all.

The FTX one is designed and therefore ideal for FTX Central problems.

Archived