How do you keep track of your addons?

ThrottleUp

I tried it out and it looks pretty good. However I must admit I dont trust it ....and Id be reluctant to trust such software fully with my FSX installation. It highlighted some planes and said something was wrong with them...but they were fine. Id flown some of them recently so knew this was not the case.

However it does have some brilliant functions.....I think its strongest point is that it makes editing planes easier  - specially if you have a lot of them. Instead of opening the Airplanes folder then trawling through your planes looking at aircraft.cfgs, panel.cfgs you can instead use the neat interface of this app to do it. It lists *each* repaint of a particular model as well.

And PS: once you have a reliable list there is no real need to store them on your system anywhere.  Let the sites invest in the hardware.

A confession:  In a house move recently I lost the power cord to my Maxtor external drive on which I had hundreds of downloads.  You know, I haven't missed them.  There are so many more coming.

As to Orbx, Wilco etc etc.  Keep the receipts and keycodes and when you redownload you get the latest version automatically.  Both better and more sense than storing the whole thing or cutting discs.

I keep track of all my payware in an Access database that I created.

I then back up all software onto a LAN drive which is backed up once a month to a removable drive for storage.

Never can be too careful when it comes to software...Oh my most favourite software also gets placed on DVD's just in case...Did I mention you cannot be too careful.

In case you haven't guessed I work with ICT products all the time.

Cheers,

AlexB

I am fairly meticulous about that sort of thing.

My FSX folders are organized in a hierarchy: This is not complete, and there are sub-folders within the sub-folders, but it gives the idea.

Scenery

Aerosoft

Orbx

Photoscenery

Megascenery

FSDream

Taburet

Freeware

Scenery Enhancements

FEX

REX

Shockwave Lights

Trees

Buildings

Roads

Clouds

Planes

Freeware

Landclass

Utilities

Mesh

Freeware

FSdream

Holger

Repaints

Misc plane types

Airports

Freeware

FsDreamteam

Xplane  :P

A variety of ideas coming from you all, thanks again its very interesting to see other peoples backup strategies.

I keep track of all my payware in an Access database that I created.

Is it hard to create such a database? I dont have Access but I have the freeware Open Office suite..dont know how its database app compares to Access though!!

Archived