Crescent City (KCEC)

mark767

I was flying a VFR flight today (that ended up being IFR due to low fog off the ocean) from Angwin Parret up to Southwest Regional when I had to cut the flight short.  I selected KCEC (Crescent city) as a good landing spot and proceeded down through the clouds to land on runway 36.  To my surprise the airport was not a P3D default but a very nice airport that looked like a nice ORBX field.  I checked the freeware list and it was not on it so I wonder if this is missing or maybe if it is part of Northern California?  In any case it was a very pleasant surprise, thanks!

17 hours ago, mark767 said:

I was flying a VFR flight today (that ended up being IFR due to low fog off the ocean) from Angwin Parret up to Southwest Regional when I had to cut the flight short.  I selected KCEC (Crescent city) as a good landing spot and proceeded down through the clouds to land on runway 36.  To my surprise the airport was not a P3D default but a very nice airport that looked like a nice ORBX field.  I checked the freeware list and it was not on it so I wonder if this is missing or maybe if it is part of Northern California?  In any case it was a very pleasant surprise, thanks!

KCEC sounds like it needs investigating, that this afternoon's flight sorted then :)

Simon

Archived