Remote Path Error in scenery.cfg

Doc_Z

I am getting the error message displayed in screen shot.  As I understand it this error is usally fixed by deleting the offending area and re-installing it.  In this case the error refers to Area.001, which is FS9 World Scenery.  I don't know if there is a path for that area and I don't want to delete it from .cfg file if I can't get it back.  Seems to be a basic file in FSX.  Not sure what to do.

Screenshot (3).png

Upon further review, I found that my scenery.cfg file was all messed up.  Wrong paths for many, many items.  I redid the paths manually, but I have another question.  I have scenery areas OLC_NA1, OLC_NA2, OLC_AA and OLC_EU1.  I also have areas ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1, ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2, ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1 and ORBX!OPENLC_BASE.  Which are the correct entries?  Note the exclamation point in the second set after ORBX.

Hi there,

the shorter set of names are the actual names of the folders that contain the openLC data but the longer ones are those inserted by FTX Central into your scenery.cfg file. Note that each time you run FTX Central it will read all the scenerylib_{...}.cfg and openlc_lib_{...}.txt files in your \ORBX\Scripts folder as they are the ones that contain the parameter blocks that will be inserted into scenery.cfg. In other words, you don't need to, and in fact should not, manually insert or change any of the Orbx entries.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks.  Do I need the shorter ones in my .cfg file and/or the scenery library.  The .cfg file had incorrect paths for many of my addon scenery items that pointed to ORBX items, those were the ones if changed.  Not sure if any of this has to do with the FSC3 beta testing and the missing Vector entries.

Also, do you have any ideas about the question I asked in the OP?

Archived