FTX corrupts scenery.cfg file

jjstruyf

Hello,

I just got my FTX SP3 DVD (purchased through PC Aviator).

Here is the first lines of my scenery.cfg file before end after FTX:

BEFORE

[General]

Title=FS9 World Scenery

Description=FS9 Scenery Data

Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Texture_ID=1

Local=Scenery\World

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.002]

Title=Default Scenery

Local=Scenery\BASE

Layer=2

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.003]

Title=0000 Base

Local=Scenery\0000

Layer=3

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

AFTER

[General]

Title=FS9 World Scenery

Description=FS9 Scenery Data

Clean_on_Exit=True

[Area.001]

Title=FS9 World Scenery

Texture_ID=1

Local=

Layer=

Active=

Required=

[Area.002]

Title=Default Terrain

Local=Scenery\World

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.003]

Title=Default Scenery

Local=Scenery\BASE

Layer=2

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

And of course when I run FSX, it says that something is wrong with Area 01 entry.

How can I avoid that?

Thanks

Jean-Jacques

JJ Struyf

Belgium

Ok, I have modified my signature and it shows now in my post.

My order number is 216509.  Invoice number is 216509A. Do you also want my customer number at PC Aviator?

FTX Central version 1.0 Build 1013 may 2009

Jean-Jacques

Hi Jean-Jacques,

It seems that you are upset by my request, I am sorry for that as it is/was in no way the intention to upset you, but alas we suffered from a number of "people" that came seeking support for our pirated products, therefore everybody that comes in for seeking support needs to supply his/her ordernumber, I can assure that there have been countless numbers allready that after that request didn't came back here, so I do hope that you can relate to that question and the why we do ask it.

Now back to your question :)

Did you download and have installed the SP3.001 and SP3.001b patches ?

I ask this as by the number for the FTXCentral you supplied it's the "old" version, so please install the patches as that should resolve your problem

Hi Uhu_Fledermaus,

No, no don't worry! I was not at all upset by your response.  I knew that you guys were suffering from pirating (I posted an answer to Jay_Kae on Avsim's forum some 10 days ago-my nickname there is Jayjay), so I was not sure if my order nbr alone was sufficient, but after reading more on your forum, I saw that people just publish their order nbr.

And no, I did not download the patches you are referring to, but will do so and let you know if that solves the problem.

Thanks for your help,

Jean-Jacques

Hi JayJay,

I'm concerned that the scenery.cfg corruption occurs with the SP3 DVD - that is using a recent ftxconfigurator.exe build which should not be causing any issues.

If you want to send me the before/after scenery.cfg files, send me a PM and I will have our programmer look into it for you ok?

Hi John,

The e-mail icon under your name on the left is not working, but the PM icon works and sends me to a PM page where I did not find a way to attach a file.  I tried to paste their content but it is too big to be PM'd.

How can I send you thos two files?

Do you want me to paste them here?

Thanks,

Jayjay

Hi Wolter,

The PM page rejects is because the pasted file exceeds the total amount of caracters (3000 if I remember well) and I do not find a button/icon to attach files to a PM.  How can I do that?

Thanks,

Jayjay

Hello John and Wolter,

I installed the two patches that Wolter had recommended and after a lot of testing last night and early this morning I found the following:

It seems that FTX Central does not like scenery.cfg files that are not "clean" and contain accentuated characters (at least with build 1013-will retry with build 1020).  So I deleted the sceneries with accentuated characters and manually cleaned my scenery.cfg files.  It now looks that everything works fine, so problem seems to be solved, but I will need to check for the accentuated characters.

I will let you now about my findings.

Thanks for your support guys,

Jayjay

Another question I have: as you can see I also have OZx installed.  Should I delete it before running FTX Central?

Thanks

Jayjay

No, there's no need to delete it at all. FTX Central is aware of OZx and will place it above FTX entries in the scenery library for you.

Thanks John, I'll leave it in then.

All seems ok now.  As I said above, I cleaned my scenery.cfg file first and then re-introduced the accentuated character sceneries back in, and they worked ok.  I think what happened with them is that because a 'not so clean' scenery.cfg file, FSX changed them to some funny ASCII, like Liège becoming Li�ge in the scenery.cfg file, but still being correctly recognized by FSX as Liège.  Then came FTX Central who did not like Li�ge and changed it to some other funny thing like Li?ge.  So the culprit was my own scenery.cfg file. As you now, when we install a new add-on and something does not work ok, it surely is the add-on that is the culprit  ;D So, in this case it was "Yep the Aussies did it again"  :P

Best to all of you guys,

Jayjay

Archived