Orbx cenral rockies not compatable!!

piko

Aloha, As is usual I am not sure if this is the place to post this problem.

Basically I have many of orbx scenery and airports, all have loaded without any problems.

This has changed with the downloading of 'central rockies. I have downloaded it 5 times but am told each time

that it cannot find a compatible  flightsim and must close,  this is what it says inside the fsx central on my desktop. Very strange as I have all of the scenery packs on either side of this software.

Please; I really need help with this problem.

Thank, peter Mclaren

Aloha JJaycee1,

The registry fix tool just says that FSX Steam is present; I guess that means it is OK.

Every Orbx product has installed with no problems; and i have many;

This is the first to give me problems. It appears to download and install with no error messages, but just isn't showing. I am kind of lost for what to do now as it is out of my depth.

Mahalo, Peter.

Aloha Nick,

No error messages.

it installs just  as easily as all Orbx scenery. It is when i open FTX Central to configure/update.There is a big red box labeled 'UPDATE'  when opened there is an error message stating that there  is no comparable simulator and that  it will close the program/installer. I have attempted to download and install 4-5 times withe same outcome.

I hope this is a little clearer Nick, Apologies for the confusion.

Mahalo, Peter McLaren

As interesting problem.

The "no simulator found" message is generated when the folder recorded in the Windows Registry

as the location of the simulator does not have fsx.exe or Prepar3D.exe inside it.

Clearly, if your simulator really had no .exe file, it could not work, so perhaps your registry entry,

though present, is not correct or perhaps the location that FTX Central is looking at is not the same

as that recorded in the registry.

After the "no simulator found" message, you should see an invitation to open the FTX Registry tool

and repair the error, is this not the case on your PC?

On 9/27/2016 at 10:45 PM, Nick Cooper said:

As interesting problem.

The "no simulator found" message is generated when the folder recorded in the Windows Registry

as the location of the simulator does not have fsx.exe or Prepar3D.exe inside it.

Clearly, if your simulator really had no .exe file, it could not work, so perhaps your registry entry,

though present, is not correct or perhaps the location that FTX Central is looking at is not the same

After the "no simulator found" message, you should see an invitation to open the FTX Registry tool

Nick, there is no invitation to open the registry tool.

Basically the program downloads and installs with no problem; apart from the fact it doesn't work.

It is when i open FTX Central that i am told that it has not installed and no compatible flightsim was found!

I have ran the tool and it points to the correct place in FSX-Steam that my folder is installed.

The tool only gives me the option to delete the sim;Why would i do that?

As you know i have many,many orbx programs, this is the only one that will not work.

Please, I will follow up on any thoughts that you have.

Thanks,Peter

Ps. On a more personal note. I have lived in Hawaii for more than 30 years. Previously i was from Shipley. Yorks and spent many a fine day in your beautiful old city.

On 9/27/2016 at 10:45 PM, Nick Cooper said:

As interesting problem.

Nick, there is no invitation to open the registry tool.

Basically the program downloads and installs with no problem; apart from the fact it doesn't work.

It is when i open FTX Central that i am told that it has not installed and no compatible flightsim was found!

I have ran the tool and it points to the correct place in FSX-Steam that my folder is installed.

The tool only gives me the option to delete the sim;Why would i do that?

As you know i have many,many orbx programs, this is the only one that will not work.

Please, I will follow up on any thoughts that you have.

Thanks,Peter

Ps. On a more personal note. I have lived in Hawaii for more than 30 years. Previously i was from Shipley. Yorks and spent many a fine day in your beautiful old city.

Not sure as to your question nick. The installer appears to be the same as all of the orbx installers. The final part is blue if that helps. 

I have just run the diagnostic report, this id the reference number that it gave for orbx staff to read. I hope this will help :otd577c5239c8e34ebca8112420b9cc274

Thanks in advance, peter

Not sure as to your question nick. The installer appears to be the same as all of the orbx installers. The final part is blue if that helps. 

I have just run the diagnostic report, this id the reference number that it gave for orbx staff to read. I hope this will help :otd577c5239c8e34ebca8112420b9cc274

Thanks in advance, peter

Can anyone help me? I have still not been able to get this program to work. I have done everything suggested but i still cannot use it!

Please i need a senior ORBX member to read this error report and help me.  :otd577c5239c8e34ebca8112420b9cc274

I have in all fairness been asking for help for a couple of weeks.

Peter mclaren

Unfortunately the error reporting system no long works.

You have received several suggestions in the nine days

that the topic has been active, it is also unfortunate that

none of them appear to have solved your problem.

Perhaps you might run the Orbx registry tool and post a screen shot of it?

Hi nick,

I do not know how to do a screen shot, can you please explain?

The orbx registry tool points to: :C:/program files (x86)/steam/steam apps/common/fsx/

The orbx registry tool doesn't have instructions on what to do with it. but it loads and shows the above information.

I have also ran the Flight1.com registry tool; it has instructions and seems to work just fine.

I loaded two orbx programs onto my computer today; Scotland & Wales. Wales is working fine while Scotland is giving me the no compatible sim error.

How can this be that both were loaded today; one works and the other will not???

Apart from the fact that i have spent an awful lot of money on software that i cannot get to work the sheer stress is killing me.

I have my virus program turned off while downloading and installing all orbx software

Thanks, peter

To take a screen shot of your screen, press PrtScn.

Then open an image editing programme, such as the built in Paint

and select paste.

You can then edit the picture to include what you want and save it as a .jpg

image.

Select an image hosting website which you can find via Google and upload

your image to it.

From that website, select the image url, copy it and paste it into your topic.

I cannot find a way to make an installer generate the message you see.

If there are no registry entries, the latest installer simply does not populate

the drop down menu.The earlier installer simply generates a can't find the effects folder message.

FTX Central does generate the error but only when it finds no simulator .exe file in the folder

where it has been told to look for it.

A screen shot of your FTX Registry Fix tool result and the error message would be useful.

11 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Try adding your simulator to the FSX entry.

ADD LOCATION and then navigate to the same location as you have for 

FSX Steam Edition.

Thank you so much. You have fixed both of the problems! 

How come all other Orbx software loaded correctly excepting those two?

Again, thank you Nick

Archived