How do I completely uninstall CAC8

Hi.

I've recently had to remove the freeware Nanaimo seaplane base because it was causing poor performance (at one time I was down to 0.9 fps in Nanaimo harbour itself).

I was able to piece together the uninstallation procedure from several posts, but I'm still getting the following error when I start FSX:

SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery diretory (ORBX\FTX_AA_CAC8\SCENERY) in scenery Area.188 not found. Click Ok to continue.

Does anyone know how I correct this?

Regards

Pontius.

Thanks Nick.

I've re named it off_scenerylib_CAC8.cfg for the time being.

That's because, if I were to be completely honest, I'd love to be able to keep the Nanaimo scenery if I could. And part of me wants to believe that I could somehow configure it to be a bit more frame rate friendly.

I don't know whether anyone else has had problems with CAC8. If do any advice on improving fps would be very gratefully received.

Regards.

Pontius.

Hi Pontius,

to uninstall CAC8 please proceed as follows:

In your scenery Control Panel in fsX delete the entry for CAC8

hit ok and let the scenery Dbase rebuild

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA and delete the FTX_AA_CAC8 folder

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts and delete the following files:

orbx_cpl_CAC8.xml

scenerylib_CAC8.cfg

then right click and "run as Administrator" the FTXConfigurator.exe , you will not see anything happen as it is a silent application.

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents and delete the CAC8 User Guide.pdf

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents\Versions and delete the FTX_CA_CAC8.txt

fire up FTX Central and all entries to CAC8 should be gone

fire up your fsX and the "error message" should be gone

Archived