Urgent Help

Rav Forthwind

Hello, i am having problems activating FTX Global on my Windows 10.

Recently i have formatted my PC wich costed me a bit of money, first thing i did was installing FSX with acceleration on my computer, after that i copy pasted a FSX.cfg from a youtuber that is built to increase fps on the game, etc.

After that, i used a fix named "FSX-FIX(by Heroeis)".

With all that done, i installed for the first time on my computer the Orbx Global, all went smooth with no errors, but when i opened FTX Central it appeared on "Uncategorised" tab Orbx Libraries.

Also on the "Installed Orbx Products" it appears this:

Installed Orbx Products
GLOBAL
FTX Global Base Pack FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.40 September 2015

OTHER
Orbx Libraries FTX AA ORBX Libraries Version 160906 6th September 2016

UNCATEGORISED
FTX_OLC_AA FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013
FTX_OLC_EU1 FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013
FTX_OLC_NA1 FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

Something is not right here since i only bought Global, or is this ok?

Inside the game all is default still, nothing working...

I can't understand why this is happening but is very frustrating...

On FSX libraries i have this:

FSX:

1-FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
2-ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1
3-ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1
4-ORBX!OPENLC_BASE
5-Addon Scenery
(...)

Best Regards

Try taking a copy of FSX.cfg as is then delete the original. Reload fsx, it will generate a new default one. See if global runs ok then. If so try introducing some of the code you want by copy/paste out of the copy you made of FSX.cfg. Do this one change at a time so if something goes wrong, you will know what caused the problem.

2 hours ago, antonvs said:

Try taking a copy of FSX.cfg as is then delete the original. Reload fsx, it will generate a new default one. See if global runs ok then. If so try introducing some of the code you want by copy/paste out of the copy you made of FSX.cfg. Do this one change at a time so if something goes wrong, you will know what caused the problem.

As Anton said, loose the "tweaked" fsX.cfg

+

Did you install the latest library files => OrbxLibs

When done that then run the migration tool available under the troubleshooting tab of FTX Central v2

Once you run the migration tool there will be popping up several MsDos screens

It can take a bit of time, but please wait till a little pop up appears that the migration is complete

Hit OK

To check if it went correctly use the migration troubleshooter => ".....\ORBX\Troubleshooter\MigrationTroubleshooter.exe

Wait till it does it's thing and the msDos screen will give green text behind the various sceneries

On 21/09/2016 at 7:17 AM, Wolter van der Spoel said:

As Anton said, loose the "tweaked" fsX.cfg

+

Did you install the latest library files => OrbxLibs

When done that then run the migration tool available under the troubleshooting tab of FTX Central v2

Once you run the migration tool there will be popping up several MsDos screens

It can take a bit of time, but please wait till a little pop up appears that the migration is complete

Hit OK

To check if it went correctly use the migration troubleshooter => ".....\ORBX\Troubleshooter\MigrationTroubleshooter.exe

Wait till it does it's thing and the msDos screen will give green text behind the various sceneries

The paths are correct, no issue there, this is really strange, also Global does not get to "active" Status.

The textures and scenery keep default still.

What else can i do? I did a reinstall of orbx and fsx, the problem persists...

Think it's time to post a screenshot of the "problem" - everything you have posted above indicates that there is nothing wrong, I guess only a screenshot indicating where you think there is a problem (including coordinates) will help the guys figure out if something is wrong or not. Note that in the latest version of FTX Central 2 there is no "Active" status anymore.

Cheers

Jack

No Orbx Global textures and scenery showing, this is the "problem", these screenshots were taken on LFAT, one is with orbx libraries turned ON and other is with orbx libraries OFF.

The scenery and textures keep being FSX default.

The only thing working is the Orbx Lights.

Any solution for this issue?

Best Regards,

Rav

With orbx ON.jpg

With orbx OFF.jpg

No co-ordinates in your pictures, so here are two of mine.

You can use the co-ordinates to go to exactly the same place, if you wish.

Default FSX

2016_9_22_18_27_30_664.jpg

FTX Global (and Vector and Open LC Europe)

2016_9_22_18_22_57_480.jpg

My guess is that there is indeed nothing wrong except perhaps what you were expecting?

....or, I suppose you can disregard my suggestion altogether.

You can't turn Global on and off, it is a set of replacement textures.

This is why your two screen shots are the same, though it is a shame that you have chosen a location

where the textures are obscured by the autogen.

What you can do is have a separate installation of FSX in its default state for the purpose of answering

questions such as this.

Here are two shots at your co-ordinates.

One is FTX global and the other one is default FSX.

2016_9_22_19_47_55_296.jpg

2016_9_22_19_38_50_176.jpg

I will suggest again that you might also try going to the location of my first two screen shots, where the difference is much more marked and see which of those shots looks more like what you see there.

Archived