Vans RV-4 click spots not working

Laurens

I'm unable to use the mouse in this plane.

The first flights went without any problems (flew from Aerosoft EHLE to ORBX EDVY). Then I wanted to make a flight from KORS (ORBX) and I could not click on any spots anymore. At EHLE it still worked, but after the upgrade of FTX Central It does not work anymore. Sometimes I have the clickspots for a few moments. This is the only aircraft I have with this problem. The PMDG 373 works fine at KORS as I switched planes after the clickspots didn't work in the Vans RV-4

CPU Type Intel Core i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz

6Gb

AMD 5800 2Gb

Windows 10

FSX Acceleration

I can't say for sure but I have experienced loss of click spots at various times.  I think it relates to system struggling to process all that is required.

Just as an experiment, could you go to somewhere that is very simple such as a desert strip (HAKD in Ethiopia should be low resource) and start the flight with the default C172, and then load the RV-4.  I suspect all click spots will work.  Then try KORS.  If the spots disappear reload the sim and try an intermediate airport (one of the freeware NA airports should be fine) and see what happens there.

If it is KORS it might be a resource issue.  You could try playing with the affinity mask settings to see if the CPU can be tweaked.  If not, maybe try flying the steam version form KORS?

Hi John,

I did start the sim in the default c172 on HAKD as you asked me,  click spots working,  then switched to the Vans-R4 and the click spots are gone.

By the way, the click spots are working in the 2D instruments view.

If it is resource demanding, why are the clickspots working with the PMDG 737 at Kors (as far as I know a very resource demanding aircraft)?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived