KSTS Dark at night

Freezer41

in the lights configurator, you can set the lights 

make sure Vector lights are selected and legacy lights are set to day in FTX Central

another option to try is adding the following lines to your fsX.cfg file see if that brings any change

under the section

[Display]

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.6
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.4
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.5
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.7

if they are to dimm up the numbers, max setting =1.0

52 minutes ago, Wolter van der Spoel said:

in the lights configurator, you can set the lights 

make sure Vector lights are selected and legacy lights are set to day in FTX Central

another option to try is adding the following lines to your fsX.cfg file see if that brings any change

under the section

[Display]

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.6
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.4
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.5
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.7

if they are to dimm up the numbers, max setting =1.0

Wolter,  Would you know off hand why I have multiple entries for these four entries, all with the same multiple values?  That is, the multiple entries duplicate the values, each entry duplicates the previous entry's value, eg, runway lights vasi scalar is repeated three time with the same value each time.

42 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Wolter,  Would you know off hand why I have multiple entries for these four entries, all with the same multiple values?  That is, the multiple entries duplicate the values, each entry duplicates the previous entry's value, eg, runway lights vasi scalar is repeated three time with the same value each time.

A poorly designed addon could have added the lines but not checked if they had been added before.

21 minutes ago, Wolter van der Spoel said:

with those lines you can adapt the intensity of the lights, they have been coded in fs for ages, it's just a lil trick to adapt the lights intensity nothing more nothing less

So they don't have anything to do with the Lights Configurator, it looks like.

23 minutes ago, Wolter van der Spoel said:

nope they are MS code since the early FS days, it even worked in CFS and fs98 has nothing to do with the lights configurator, that is something completely different

Thanks, Wolter.  I've deleted the extra lines and will leave well enough alone then. The runway_lights_strobe_scalar was/is set at 1.2.  Should it be 1.0 I wonder?

Archived