Lakes Appearing all over the world in scenery

Navigator

Hi Team,

Lakes are appearing all through the scenery and cities??

I'm running windows 10 64bit, lastest ORBX library installed, FTX Central 2.XX, troubleshooting shows all green.

But there are lakes appearing all over the world since installing global?? I'm also still having issues with Australia SP4 with morphing textures in Sydney etc...

I've run the migration 3 times. Ive also ensured the Insertion point for OLC is below FTX.

How do I resolve my issues?

I need your help.

Thanks

Lindsay 

Hi Team

Can I please have help for an Orbx team member?

I have since replaced the default terrain cfg in the main FSX folder and sync'd the regions I am still having issues?

My order number for Global is FSS0318844. I have since installed Vector/LC Europe (order number is FSS0385970) to see if I can get this right but I am stilling seeing lakes all through the scenery?

Thanks in advance.

Lindsay

Hi Lindsay,

Can you provide please some screenshots with coordinates please so other ORBX staff can help you? (See here to know how to proceed )

You have certainly to install latest ORBXlibs and proceed to a migration toward the unified mode to sort the issue (See here)

Hi Richard,

Thanks for responding. I followed the migration process exactly and to no avail. I am getting black buildings across the world. See pic.

error1.jpg

And lakes like this are appearing all over the landscape all over the world. These appear directly out of EDDM (Munich).

error2.jpg

I have a brand new computer GTX980 and the scenery is so blurry too.

How do I resolve this now?

Hi there,

one of the primary purposes of Global Vector is to add detailed and spatially accurate lakes, rivers, and shorelines. You don't provide coordinates in your screenshots but the lakes near EDDM are probably in that location in the real world as well; check Bing or Google Maps.

The migration doesn't affect 3D object textures, especially not those of the default buildings (and vessels) in your screenshots. Their textures are located in the default scenery folder such as Western North America, Eastern North America, Oceania, Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries etc. Are you using some kind of texture conversion program? 

If you're using FlyTampa's Sydney add-on you may want to try deactivating their landclass files for the area; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/99305-compatibility-flytampa-sydney-graphic-issues/

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger & Nick,

Thank you very much for getting back to me. No I'm not using any texture conversion program. I have installed FSX vanilla then started installing Orbx products.

I replaced the Terrain cfg and it just doesn't work.

I did manage to resolve the black flickering textures on all the buildings by disabling "Ground Shadows"? strange not sure what is causing this....

I'm still disappointed because each Orbx product I resinstall I am having issues with. And to be honest I don't want to keep raising separate issues for each. I want to show you KRDD I installed last night.

I have a fear what may have caused this was my very first install was Australia SP4 then I had default terrain. Maybe I should have installed Global first?

I have so many Orbx products probably close to 40 and I' m worried if I continue to install I'll be be plagued with scenery problems.

So heres my lastest problem with KRDD. (FSS0273436)

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GmIR (lake and wrong scenery in KRDD)

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GmIW (wrong scenery)

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GmId (Building errors)

How do I resolve this??

I also installed NCA Gold and that didn't install properly either. The most glaring thing is the main park in San Fran running to the coast near down town... simply isn't there....

Does this now mean I uninstall FSX and do another full reinstall?? I don't think I did anything wrong when I installed your products other than run the installers..

In the KRDD pictures I'm not seeing any errors. The square lake in the first one is a real world retention pond, in the following two the circled areas all look like normal autogen on landclass.

The first set of pictures from earlier posts looks like a corrupt terrain.cfg but the screenshots since you wrote that you have refreshed it, the terrain looks ok.

Could you provide more screenshots of the issues you note?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived