FSS servers down?

Jon Clarke

After 2.5 hrs I am 52% complete on downloading pt1 of GEN. Then it stopped. Now I get constant "Timed Out" notices when trying to resume. Using Download manager. I know that the servers are busy but this is not good.

This is on Global CDN 2. Don't want to start all over again trying a different server especially at 180 kbps download speed.

I had no problems downloading all parts last night, getting between 3 and 5 MB per second. Mind you, I started almost the minute it came out, so I probably managed to beat the rush.

Did you already download all the other parts? Otherwise you might want to try grabbing one of them off a different server. It doesn't matter which order you download them in; you just can't start the install until you have all of them.

I started at 11am my time and it is now 2.35pm. I am still on pt1 (now 92%) and the download keeps stopping after about 5 minutes. Sometimes it starts again but mostly it doesn't. I try "Resume" and just get a Timed Out message. At his rate it will take forever to get all 4 parts. I am beginning to lose patience. Unfortunately I don't get 5MB per second, I get 180kbps !! I wouldn't mind a constant connection at 180kbps because I know the servers are busy, but constantly being disconnected is not acceptable

57 minutes ago, anfield ace said:

I've just purchased, but download speed is too slow, so i've stopped and will try again in morning, rubbish this..roll on to Orbx taking over from FSS!

Further to the above, just trying again, and now have 1656 Kbps, on CDN2, about 20 mins for each part...fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Archived