Germany North EDWI trees on runway

Turboarrow4

3 minutes ago, Turboarrow4 said:

Hi,

on my first short look tonight I saw there are lot of trees on runway at EDWI airfield (Jade Weser airport).

If you need a screenshot I can provide later.

cheers

Thorsten

Yes, a screenshot would be much appreciated. If it is a bug it should be something easy to fix. Thank you!

Ok, did a lil search and with deactivating these two files the trees are gone

ADE_FTX_FTXG_EDWI.BGL

ADE_FTX_FTXG_EDWI_CVX.BGL

these are located in => .......\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery

renaming them to .off removed the trees from the RWY

looks like this 

edwi_002.jpg

edwi_003.jpg

edwi_004.jpg

Interestingly, this was the first airport I checked out, and, Indeed I had the same problem.  However, I noticed something else; the people had doppelgangers (doubles), some displaying four arms waving around.  It was then that I realized what the problem was: there were two versions of the same airport trying to display at once... one the airport that comes with Germany North and the other which comes with FTXG.

I had this problem with SCA when it was first released.  I solved it by uninstalling all FTXG airports and then downloading and running the new installers, which seemed to have had the FTXG airports for SCA removed. This solved the problem, at least for the airports I tried out.  After my experience with EDWI I tried the same procedure, but it didn't work. Apparently ORBX hasn't yet updated the FTXG installers to work with Germany North. 

So, for a temporary solution, I disabled all the FTXG airports beginning with "ED." This will at least take care of the German airports with conventional ICAO labeling.  Unfortunately it will also take out any southern German FTXG airports as well.

I'm hoping to see a fix for this soon.

Regards,

Tom

• 1 month later...

Archived