Another EGPB Shetland area issue

MotoDave

I'm experiencing some serious performance issues in the Shetland? Islands.  Although generally I am getting 28-30 FPS, panning around inside the aircraft creates serious stuttering.  I see water circles in ocean, but I thought it may have something to do with fishing.  I get BEX error CTD attempting a flight at EGPB with the BN-2 Islander.  No problem attempting a flight at EGPB with any other aircraft, so far.  The test bed aircraft for "most" testing was the default C-172.  I searched the forum for Shetland issues.  I searched google earth for water circles.  I will list my problems.

1) Serious stutter and pause while panning around airplane interior with default Cessna or any other plane anywhere in the Shetlands?.

2) BEX error and crash to desktop when attempting a flight from EGPB using any livery of the Flight 1 BN-2 Islander.

3) Water circles in ocean, I could not find any water circles in google earth.

2016-9-12_15-29-16-381.jpg

2016-9-12_15-29-23-758.jpg

Hi there,

the "water circles" are floating fish farm pens and visible in Google Earth: https://goo.gl/maps/NPdc17uvQC82

Given that those islands really don't have much in terms of scenery objects I wonder whether it's perhaps the shoreline surf effects dragging down performance; try setting the Special Effects sliders (Settings > Scenery) to full left for a quick test.

Cheers, Holger

I turned down special effects to zero, panning performance is no longer an issue.  Special effects at any other level still creates problems.  That was a good catch Holger, however what am I missing in FSX doing it?  What will go missing in other regions with less special effects?   How much detail is in water spray, waves, dust from a grass landing?  And finally, can the effects in that region be corrected so it does not detract from performance? 

Any thoughts on the BEX CTD using a certain aftermarket airplane, but zero issues with any other?  I thought perhaps some sort of memory management issue might be at play.

3 hours ago, MotoDave said:

Can the Shetland Islands performance issue be repaired.

Hi,

It cannot. I often fly over the Shetlands with BN2 and I have excellente performance without any stutter. Here's a comparison into FSX

With effects enabled (extrem)

SCO_SHET01.jpg

SCO_SHET02.jpg

No effect

SCO_SHET03.jpg

So, I guess you are experiencing trouble with Windows compounds such as .NET and any interaction a third party software

Hi Richard,

actually, I believe the issue is with the way visual effects are handled in P3D and thus it's not apparent in FSX. It's tricky to fix though without also depriving FSX customers of something that does work for them. I'll check in with team members that know more about visual effects than I do.

Cheers, Holger

• 11 months later...

As already said, I don't have loss of FPS with the same plane at the same place with FSX Acceleration. Maybe something is wrong with your hardware. I cannot fix anything which is working fine on my side

Archived