How do you unistall ORBX England

Bill Loan

I have Just updated my England ORBX to Service pack 001/ 002/ 003/ 004, but when I try load Service 5 I am only given two options My FTX Which fails half way through the download and if resumed completes the down load,  This down load cannot be opened by windows as it is not a valid Zip file. The other option download via Google is on completion immediately deleted by my Norton Antivirus as having dangerous content. Now when I enter FSX the scenery is awful. I have tried re installing ORBX from my original files but this makes no difference. I would

Hi Bill,

As you said " The other option download via Google is on completion immediately deleted by my Norton Antivirus as having dangerous content. " , this indicates that you must temporarily disable your Norton AntiVirus while downloading and do the installation. 

To delete Orbx England from your PC, follow the script below:

============================================

1. Delete these folders or files in "red"

~\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY
~\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_06_CVX
~\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_07_MESH
~\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM

and these files

~\ORBX\Scripts\orbx_cpl_FTXEU_ENG.xml
~\ORBX\Scripts\scenerylib_EU_ENG.cfg

and these others too

~\ORBX\User Documents\Versions\FTX_EU_ENG.TXT
~\ORBX\User Documents\FTX EU ENG User Guide.pdf

at final, run as administrator this file

~\ORBX\Scripts\FTXConfigurator.exe

============================================

That's it.

Cheers,

Voyager

Asking how to uninstall England is probably a reaction to the fact that it's not working properly and that is probably down to it not being fully and correctly installed in the first place.

If the OP is only just installing SP1 onwards then the libraries must be way out of date. So I'm not surprised that "the scenery is awful". Update those, do the migration, and all should be okay.

Archived