CYBW Springbank

wallyboard

I've read all the posts, I think, on the double runway markers conflict between FTX_NRM and the FTX Global additional airports.

Renaming files and deleting things doesn't cut it for me.

Is there going to be a permanent one time fix for this issue, or at least a one-click temporary repair?

Cheers

Larry

Maybe I misunderstood, but wasn't Springbank included in an FTX freeware airport package for FTG?

Nonetheless, I am experiencing the same multiple runway signs, including on the runway and aprons as did the others when I did a  search here for the problem.

I followed the instructions re: naming FTG bgl's to "OFF" but FSX asked me to delete or rename a whole pile of other files (as though maybe the hierarchy order was wrong.) I couldn't readily identify some of the files so I reverted back just to keep my sanity.

I'm not very good at focussing at length on a problem, so I'm looking for something simple, or a walk through approach.

Though I think you may have done this already, here is a step by step guide.

The problem is that there are two add on versions of the airport, one is in the Northern Rocky Mountains

product, the other in the freeware airports product.

The better version is the freeware which has more detail, so it is suggested that the NRM version is disabled.

Each airport has three files, all of them contain the letters CYBW

Files from Northern Rocky Mountains have the letters NRM in the file name.

Files from the freeware airports folder have the letters FTXG in them.

Go to Windows file explorer, navigate to your ORBX folder and then type CYBW into the search box at the top right.

The result is easiest to see if you select the list view.

Select each of the files with NRM in the name and then rename.

Add.off to each name.

Untitled.jpg

Archived