Upgrade: Asus GTX970 strix to 1070 strix oc

Capt Pugwash

I am planning on purchasing an Asus 1070 8gb strix graphic card this week to replace the 970 strix (been a great card).

Time & tech moves on...and I hope the 1070 will really shine when paired with my LG 34' IPS Curved monitor...It should give significant improvement running at 3440 x 1440 which I do via DisPlay port connection not hdmi.

Question for P3DV3 users...Whenever I used to upgrade my graphics card in FSX, I had to manually alter the card details in the FSX.cfg, is this still the case in P3D?

You may want to revisit your P3D settings via the menu to accommodate the extra grunt in your Pascal generation gpu but I don't see reason to be hacking the config outside the UI. I would dump the shader cache in the user profile, its under your local profile not the roaming profile, just to be safe. I think awhile back Lockheed added versioning to the shaders from memory but I'm not sure. Anyway deleting it gives certainty either way. With version 2 HDMI you have enough bandwidth to run 4K resolutions fine at high refresh rates but then again if your displayport is working OK there is no reason to move over on the connect.

Not sure about the multiple posts above lol, I was attempting to post some pics of the new card...

I did need to change the spec of the card in p3d .cfg...it was still on the gtx 970

After upgrading to the GTX 1070, I am able to fly through Heavy AS16/REX4 real time Weather with most sliders to the right...happy days :D

Not sure about the multiple posts above lol, I was attempting to post some pics of the new card...

I did need to change the spec of the card in p3d .cfg...it was still on the gtx 970

After upgrading to the GTX 1070, I am able to fly through Heavy AS16/REX4 real time Weather with most sliders to the right...happy days :D

Archived