FSX SE Install

gknow66

New to computer flight sims ( about 4 months now), own Lic. for FSX SE and P3D v3.3. Can't install FTX Global base in FSX Steam Edition.  Installs just fine in P3D v3.  FSX SE is not an option when prompted to choose FS version for installation., only option is P3D. Also, FTX Central gives fatal error ocurred message upon opening and choosing FSX SE. I've invested in Global base, NA LC, Vector, 3 North America regions and Airports. Very frustrating that I can't use any of them in FSX SE.

Don't understand, any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Gary

Nick, Thank you very much. That registry tweak utility worked and I was able to install my orbx products in FSX SE as well as P3D. I now have 3 sims in my FTX Central options FSX, FSX SE, and P3D.although FSX and FSX SE are the same.  Not really sure how it all works as I am not real comfortable with registry issues in Windows ( running Windows 10), but I'm happy with your advice and fix.

Thank you again. I only wish I had contacted you from the get go as this has frustrated me for weeks. Now I know where to go when I have a question or problem with Orbx products and I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Most appreciative, Gary

Archived