oh for god's sake NO!

Pontiusthepilot

I've just about had a belly full of this.

I've had a terrible time with FSX Steam and ORBX scenery since the weekend.

I removed FSX Acceleration yesterday only to find that FSX Steam would  not come out of co-existence mode.

So I went through all the confounded rigmarole of uninstalling and re installing FSX Steam - to find that it created registry entries and folders for both FSX and FSX:-E. But experiment showed that it was probably ignoring the FSX-SE entries so I carried on. I sat through the download for FTX Global base and through most of the installation.

Then this happened:

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: 'The invocation of the constructor on type 'Orbx.FTXCentral.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.' Line number '6' and line position '9'. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.RegionSwitch.UnifiedMigration.RegionsInstalled()
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.RegionSwitch.UnifiedMigration..ctor()
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.MainWindow..ctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.App.Main()

I'm sorry if I appear rather irate, but I've had problem after problem since the weekend and this last one is about the last straw.

So what do I do now? Reinstall FSX Steam again?

Pontius.

Hi,

You should not install Steam at the default location as it's known to restrict execution right. Do it for example at C:/Steam or on another drive than the system

Hi Richard.

I have posted a discussion on the FSX Steam Support Forum asking for them clarify any question about the correct installation location from their point of view.

I re installed FSX Steam from the Steam library and unless I am mistaken, this gives no choice regarding the location where FSX Steam will be installed. Oddly, I've also checked C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions to find that despite what the exception said, it exists and it contains data.

Regards.

Pontius.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the belated reply.

This topic can be closed.

Unfortunately at this late date, I can't remember the solution. But suffice to say that I don't recommend having more than one version of FSX on any PC at the same time. This co-existence mode is bad news in my experience.

Regards.

Pontius. 

Archived