SF Bay Area

B77X

In a future patch, can the textures for the bay in the SF Bay area be more green and other bright colors like they are in real life? In OpenLC they are just brown like dirt. I know OpenLC is a general landclass program but if possible just a small change to make it look more like real life would be nice. Since I am so close to the memory limit I have stopped using regions when flying big airliners, and OpenLC is close to perfect except for little things like the Bay Area water textures. Thanks!

Where do you live at in the Bay Area?  I've lived here for 38 years, and as much as I'd like it to be lush and green, it's pretty much brown, save a couple of months; if it rains enough.  I drive from the peninsula to the east bay everyday, and it's brown as far as the eye can see.

12 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Where do you live at in the Bay Area?  I've lived here for 38 years, and as much as I'd like it to be lush and green, it's pretty much brown, save a couple of months; if it rains enough.  I drive from the peninsula to the east bay everyday, and it's brown as far as the eye can see.

I pretty much agree--most waterways in the area are not the nice, pristine blue that's pleasing to the eye, although there are some where the water is deeper and reflective of the depth of the water.  Most areas are relatively shallow and the color of the water reflects that fact.

Yep, most of the year everything here except for a narrow strip along the coast where the fog soaks vegetation looks desert-like with a few tree patches. Brown and tan is definitely the prevalent shade. 

There is, however, a lot of wind during the summer months and that tends to turn the very shallow bays caffee latte brown. 

I used to windsurf all over the bay and the only places where you'd encounter clear water is is around the Golden Gate, the shipping channels (too narrow for representation) and the coast. 

Hi guys,

FYI, openLC NA only deals with land surfaces and doesn't make any changes to the waterclass textures. Only the FTX Regions contain custom water color textures placement files and also, as is the case with NCA in the SFO area, some photoreal coastal sections.

I just compared the Bay Area with openLC NA and NCA and the color palette is almost identical. Also, keep in mind that both openLC and the Regions have seasonal variations in their landclass textures. If you'd rather fly with greener hues in the area try April or May.

Cheers, Holger

I am talking about the textures that make up the protected wetlands. In NCA they are green and other colors like I see in pictures. And the brown colors are diverse unlike in OpenLC they look like desert textures on the wetland areas surrounding the south bay. I do not live in the area so I could be wrong. But if the only solution to the wetland areas being different colors is a custom water class then I will just live with it and wait to use P3D so I can fly with NCA and not have memory problems. Thank you everyone for the replies

Archived